Too much traffic in LTR trunking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixon

So, I just got RS Pro164's for myself and my son. The store programmed it and we've been scanning and saving local business' freqs as we learn to use the scanners. I do have one problem: Is there any way to narrow down which transmissions one would hear on a trunked system? One business in particular is listed as LTR in the RR database (though I can hear the same transmissions in MOT or FM mode). Problem is that we can't narrow down the control (dispatch) channel and end up hearing a lot of mobile transmissions that are completely unrelated to one another. It's like listening to small parts of 30 different conversations in the matter of a minute. As we're newbies; I'm sure we're doing something wrong here.

So...how would one go about saving a dispatch channel as priority over 100 mobile radios in LTR, MO or FM? Thanks for your help.

SCPD

QRT
In a LTR system you can only program in the talk group number and close the bank to allow only programmed talk group(s) to be heard. If one of your talk groups is extremely busy there is no way to filter out individual radios. If there are other TG's active then they will be filtered out with the bank closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.