Too simple??

Status
Not open for further replies.

glide

I have a BC95XLT that I bought about 10 months ago.I have no problems programming it or using it. I noticed that there is never any discussion about this scanner on this web site.Is it because it is so basic and simple that a caveman could use it without any problem? (sorry 'bout that) When I read about some of the problems others have had programming their scanners, I am glad my simple little 95 does all I need it to do.I live in Loudon County TN and dread the day my "little buddy" will no longer be adequate and I have to move on to a "big boy' scanner.

Last edited:

KE5BCP

Analog Man
I have a BCT95XLT that I bought about 10 months ago.I have no problems programming it or using it. I noticed that there is never any discussion about this scanner on this web site.Is it because it is so basic and simple that a caveman could use it without any problem? (sorry 'bout that) When I read about some of the problems others have had programming their scanners, I am glad my simple little 95 does all I need it to do.I live in Loudon County TN and dread the day my "little buddy" will no longer be adequate and I have to move on to a "big boy' scanner.
Try searching for "BC95XLT" in the search box (no "T" in the middle of the model number) and you will find several hits.

SAR923

It's a good scanner but it's only good if you're lucky enough to live in an area where everything is still convention, not trunked, and not digital. Enjoy it while you can because you will have to upgrade to one of those more complicated scanners when the federal money dump truck shows up in Loudon County. :)

mkrubsack

This is the closest I could find to a new Pro-84 in the near $100 range, so I just purchased another one. I tend to favor Uniden scanners over GRE. Nothing looked appealing at Radio Shack...no sales here this weekend. Purchased it from Scannermaster.com.

My wife took my Pro-84 for her personal use, and knicknamed it "Berry-Berry" and put stick-on "bling" in the form of little shiny diamonds all over the case. Very unique, but not my style.

So, I ordered the BC95XLT for my use. Great for use here in Fresno where the public safety services are conventional, analog, and not trunked. Can't wait to get it.

rcpriv

I have had a bc95xlt for about a year and use the ARC for programming. I like this little radio as MOST of my local stuff is non-digital/non-trunked. While working at my desk, I listen to the local stuff on it and digital/trunked on other scanners I own. I believe it is a good scanner for beginers and for an area that is non-digital/non-trunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.