Too Social For Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgentle

I'm about ready to block Facebook and Google Talk from my network!!

Damn wife. :mad:

IMing is still popular, but, it's now in Yahoo Mail and Google mail. :roll:
I logged onto my Yahoo account one day, and I noticed it said I was logged into the Yahoo IM. I immediately disconnected and said not to connect automatically again.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
So many disturbing things i have heard about facebook lately!

What a piece of crap.... (I think all those sites arent any good really)

Why do so many feel the need to use thier REAL NAME when there is no need to?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
There are just somethings you need to yourself. "At 1213, I had to take a HUUUGE dump. It was so large, it was to the brim and touching the seat of the hopper. Needless to say, I needed to get out the 'ol snake."

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
WHY would anyone waste time with "farcebook" is beyond me? My daughter is on there,but I have no use for all that drama. I still use IM on hotmail or yahoo on occasion,but farcebook is heavily monitored by LEO's so why invite that if you don't need it.:roll:
N9ZAS

MaxMan1986

On the flip side, why do so many people feel the need to hide their identity? What's wrong with using one's own name?

gewecke said:
I have no use for all that drama

What drama?

gewecke said:
farcebook is heavily monitored by LEO's so why invite that if you don't need it

I highly doubt that. However, even if it's true, what of it? If you have something you don't want LEOs to know about, you shouldn't be posting it on Facebook anyway.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
On the flip side, why do so many people feel the need to hide their identity? What's wrong with using one's own name?

What drama?

I highly doubt that. However, even if it's true, what of it? If you have something you don't want LEOs to know about, you shouldn't be posting it on Facebook anyway.

You can doubt it all you want,but it's a admitted fact by many law enforcement agencies that farcebook is used to track felons,child molesters and who knows what other offenders. I don't post on that site primarily because of all the silly sh*t other people post which has no relevance to anything! The point is,why invite scrutiny that's not needed!
It's a site which in my opinion could be deleted from the internet without delay.:cool:
N9ZAS

JoeyC

...but it's a admitted fact by many law enforcement agencies that farcebook is used to track felons,child molesters and who knows what other offenders.:cool:
N9ZAS

They are using whatever means available to them to catch the scum. GOOD FOR THEM!!
I, for one, fail to see why this is a bad thing. :confused:

MaxMan1986

You can doubt it all you want,but it's a admitted fact by many law enforcement agencies that farcebook is used to track felons,child molesters and who knows what other offenders.

Exactly. I'm not a felon or child molester, so I don't think I have anything to worry about. I seriously doubt that any law enforcement agency would waste its time and resources spying on random people.

I don't post on that site primarily because of all the silly sh*t other people post which has no relevance to anything!

I'll certainly agree that some people post pointless things on social networking sites. However, for me, Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends.

The point is,why invite scrutiny that's not needed!

What scrutiny, and from whom?

It's a site which in my opinion could be deleted from the internet without delay.:cool:

Pretty much any site could be "deleted from the internet". What's your point? The fact that you choose not to use it does not mean that it shouldn't exist.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
So many disturbing things i have heard about facebook lately!

What a piece of crap.... (I think all those sites arent any good really)

No facebook account here. Damn near everyone I know is on the site. :lol: Employers just love that. :roll: I did create a Twitter account just so I can post a message to Joan Walsh's page. :twisted: Never did show up, but I get the sense she followed a referrer from this site. :lol: Wonder if she's thinking about abortion gift certificates this season?

lgentle

HA HA!!!!

Did block them!!

Updated the IPS in my RVS4000 router. Also setup an Internet Access Policy blocking HER laptop from facebook.com and turned off Google Talk.

Turned on the logs and sat back and watched..........

Noticed numerous blocks from facebooks.com IP address (log already overwritten). HHHAHAAAAA!!!!!

Haven't been asked about it yet. Waiting for it, though.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
MaxMan1986 said:
Because its important to keep your identity PRIVATE!

JoeyC

Each user makes the decision what information in their identity they post on Facebook. Facebook doesn't want your identity.

Since joining FB, I have found about a dozen people with my name. Do I know anything more about these people than before? Sure, for some I know vaguely where they live and/or where they work or go to school or what their hobbies are. Do I know their addresses, phone number or social security numbers? No. What if my name was John Smith. Should I freak because somebody knows my name?

lgentle

The wife NEEDED to get back on FB because someone at their Christmas party posted a picture and listed the names of everyone in the picture!

PRIVACY, PRIVACY, PRIVACY

You may be able to keep what you want from other people, but, what about the other people that don't care about keeping your life private?

Status
Not open for further replies.