• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Too young to die..maybe...maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pslcrabber

I just got out of the hospital after having a heart attack. I am only 30 years old, in good health..or so I thought. Turns out all those years of eating fast food and fried stuff was taking a toll on my heart. Now I am on some quality medication and with proper exercise and diet, I should live to a rip old age.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LIFE FOR GRANTED!! Life every day like it is your last because you never know what tomorrow has in mind for you.

I reccomend that everyone see their doctor, get a physical, eat right and exercise.

scanjunkie

Premium Subscriber
WOW! That's really scary! Glad you're doing OK now...that is great advice you gave!! Thanks, God Bless, and hope all stays well!!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Wow scary..Anyway..So, how do I get my free cell phone..

j/k :)

thanks for the advice, I'm 29 and that scares me what you said about the fast food :) I'm not overweight, but, I do like me some Mc'd's and like most I sure could use a better exercise plan..I think fruits have a lot to do with good health. I try to eat at least 3 fruit items a day.

Last edited:

SEMTTP

I am 31 and a little over weight, so my diet continues, but my dad had a massive heart attack at age 31(1981) had quaddruple bypass surgery and was told that he would live 10 years. As of this year it is 25 years later, he since his first heart attack had 3 more, and a minor stroke with no side effects.Last year had a ACID implanted. Over all he is doing very well and you would never know that he has had all of this if you did not know him.

We take our health so lightly, and end up paying for it later in life. I wish you all the best of luck and for Gods sake, get out and walk and or excersise and eat right!

MacombMonitor

I'm 56, overweight, and probably should have died years ago. You guys are depressing me...think I'll go eat some ice cream! :wink:

Glad everyone is OK!

pslcrabber

Free 2-way walkie talkie if you are a bost customer. You must already have the phone.

MacombMonitor

pslcrabber said:
I just got out of the hospital after having a heart attack. I am only 30 years old, in good health..or so I thought. Turns out all those years of eating fast food and fried stuff was taking a toll on my heart. Now I am on some quality medication and with proper exercise and diet, I should live to a rip old age.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LIFE FOR GRANTED!! Life every day like it is your last because you never know what tomorrow has in mind for you.

I reccomend that everyone see their doctor, get a physical, eat right and exercise.
I just looked at your profile...and I think I see the problem!

"Crab, Shrimp"! Some of the highest cholesterol foods you can eat. "Mr. Mom"! In a word, STRESS! Start eating your fruits, and vegetables, and hire a baby sitter now and then! :wink:

maalox

sorry. but thousands of people die more from the medications than the food itself.

jimyleg

Now and then I get these sharp chest pains... One time it was so bad i had to lie down. I wonder if I got a problem with my ticker? .. Ah who knows.

MacombMonitor

jimyleg said:
Now and then I get these sharp chest pains... One time it was so bad i had to lie down. I wonder if I got a problem with my ticker? .. Ah who knows.
Anxiety, panic attacks. Google it! You're reading too many conspiracy theories like me! :confused:

pslcrabber

I was going to say anxiety attack too...or you needed to burp/fart real bad.

I do eat a lot of crabs and shrimp...fish too. Steamed mostly.

I gave up all kinds of garbage food 4 months ago... things like:

Soft drinks, fast food & junk food
Most deep-fried and/or processed foods
Most white-flour-based foods
Most high-sodium, high-sugar, and high-fat foods
Most foods containing high-fructose corn syrup
Caffienated beverages except for tea

Portions are kept small and balanced, and eating in-between meals has been eliminated. No food with less than 4 hours to go before bedtime. Lots of water is drunk and vitamin/mineral supplements are taken daily. I don't eat out much anymore. No fad diets here... and it was way easier than I ever expected.

My doctor is real happy with where I'm headed physically. This is important, because my biological father died at 53 from his third heart attack after a lifetime of obesity and cigarette smoking. I'm 34, and while I've been in good health all my life outside of some overweight, I don't want to start/continue down the wrong path. For me, it's lots easier to invest in a proper foundation early on than it is to run back to cover my neck when it's (too?) late in the game.

DELCOLHFC

jimyleg said:

Ah who knows?!.....Gee, I don't know maybe a Doctor..................

pslcrabber, glad to hear everythings OK now, I know a little about what you are up against. I was diagnosed as diabetic 5 years ago and have been engaged in the Diet/Exercise/Weight/Blood sugar balancing act ever since. My Dad is in the same boat along with a few heart attacks and a quad by-pass, his current health situation is my motivation to behave now. Good luck!

racin06

I think I have told my story on a previous thread. I'm 43 and when I turned 40 three years ago I had 242 lbs on my 6 ft. frame, nearly a 40 inch waist, 35% body fat, I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, ate like crap, felt like crap, and was taking blood pressure medication and 40/mg of Lipitor a day. I decided to take action. I cleaned up my diet, started a fitness/exercise program 6-days a week on my own (no gym membership or personal trainer) and I have been off of cigarettes (I quit cold turkey) for 16 months now.

Today, I am happy to say that I weigh in at 185 lbs, 31 in. waist, 11% body fat, no more blood pressure medication (around 116/60 average) and I am down to 10 mg of Lipitor, which the doc wants me to take because of the history of heart disease in my family (last lipid test: LDL-90, HDL-55, Total - 145, triglycerides-70). My wife says I am "buff" which I'll admit I love to hear! I'm probably in the best shape of my life. It can be done if you decide to take action and make lifestyle changes.

pslcrabber, I'm glad things turned out well for you. Yes, you can never take your health for granted. My 6 year old son has a classmate who just lost his father last week to a heart attack. He just dropped dead at age 41. It certainly does make you think. Not to get religious, but there is a verse in the Bible that rings so true to this discussion. I don't remember what book or verse but is says that "the old must die and the young will die." How true.

Last edited:

Tweekerbob

jimyleg said:
Google "Angina", but most of all: see a good doctor. Describe in the best detail you can the specifics of the symptoms you experienced.

You may have suffered from a minor heart attack. Only a doctor can run the appropriate tests and guide you through the best course of action...go see one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.