Tooele County Emergency Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddwbrownjr

Premium Subscriber
I am a first responder with North Tooele County Fire District. I am a radio noob, but I wanted to be able to monitor emergency traffic as I was responding to the station, so I purchased a TYT UVF1 (uhf/vhf) portable radio. I programmed the frequencies listed for Law/Fire on radioreference.com, but I am unable to hear any traffic on my UVF1 (even when there is traffic on my station radio at the same time). Either I am programming the radio wrong, or I have a misconception that I can hear the traffic with the features my portable has.

Would anyone who listens to emergency traffic be able to list the frequencies that you monitor for Tooele County Fire/Law? I always listen to RadioReference when I have WiFi access and I would like to listen to the same traffic when I don't have WiFi available. I have read some articles that talk about 700/800MHz frequencies and trunking--I hope I don't need this capability to monitor the emergency frequencies, or I will have to upgrade my portable.

Cashman04 is the broadcaster on RadioReference for Tooele County, so if you are reading this, a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Todd

cabletech

From what I see, Tooele County uses 157.450 for Fire/EMS paging and 155.820 for Fire 1. You should have no problems. Try disabling any PL tones

Status
Not open for further replies.