Tool: Wire Crimper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brennank

I am looking to buy a quality wire crimper. I am wiling to pay a fair amount of money for it, but I want it to last.

I am looking for a ratchet style crimper that has interchangeable dies. I would like dies for insulated, un-insulated, ferrule, and Delphi connectors.

I am have having a hard time finding a tool that has dies for Delphi Metri-Pack and Packard terminals. I have used Paladin Tools in the past for data communications and I really like them. They have everything I want but the Delphi dies.

Does anyone know a reputable brand that has a large selection of dies for their crimpers? My google searching is coming up sparse and hard to sift through.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've purchased a few over the years, AMP, Thomas and Betts, etc….. The "Full Cycle, Ratcheting" type are the way to go.

Recently I purchased a couple of these sets for our techs:
S & G Tool Aid 18920 Ratcheting Terminal Crimping Kit- 5 Piece - Crimpers - Amazon.com

They are the identical design to the AMP/T&B ones I have. This set covers all the standard insulated and uninsulated terminals. You can purchase different dies that will fit the others.

Properly done, I've never had a crimp done with these style of tools fail.

A really good source for this kind of stuff is WayTek Wire. They'll have the same things, as well as the dies for the Delphi, Deutch, weather pac, etc. Cable Crimping Tools | Wire Crimping Tools | Waytek, Inc - Page 1 of 8

Status
Not open for further replies.