TOPAZ Regional Wireless Collective - home patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VismundCygnus

Hello everyone, noob here with a Home Patrol 2. I've tried researching this, honest. No luck.

Trying to pickup Gilbert Police in Gilbert, AZ. Apparently they use the Topaz regional wireless collective. I can see the topaz clearly coming through on the HP2, but I never get any actual traffic. My database is up to date. Am I totally missing something? Appreciate any help!

rwier

Hello everyone, noob here with a Home Patrol 2. I've tried researching this, honest. No luck.

Trying to pickup Gilbert Police in Gilbert, AZ. Apparently they use the Topaz regional wireless collective. I can see the topaz clearly coming through on the HP2, but I never get any actual traffic. My database is up to date. Am I totally missing something? Appreciate any help!

1) Make sure the proper Service Types are turned on. In the scanner turn on the ones that are not greyed out. In the Sentinel, Edit>Edit Profile>Service Types I check them all so I don't have to worry about them.

2) In Sentinel, Edit>Edit Profile>Favorite Lists Make sure Monitor and Download are both On and Location is Off and Location Control is No.

3) In Sentinel>Edit Favorites Lists Make sure all objects desired are not avoided. Drill down through all levels to all objects. Very many places to avoid something.

Last edited:

VismundCygnus

1) Make sure the proper Service Types are turned on. In the scanner turn on the ones that are not greyed out. In the Sentinel, Edit>Edit Profile>Service Types I check them all so I don't have to worry about them.

2) In Sentinel, Edit>Edit Profile>Favorite Lists Make sure Monitor and Download are both On and Location is Off and Location Control is No.

3) In Sentinel>Edit Favorites Lists Make sure all objects desired are not avoided. Drill down through all levels to all objects. Very many places to avoid something.

Thanks for the info! I made sure all the above is true, and I locked onto the TOPAZ. Good news is I heard Gilbert fire, still no Gilbert police. Is it possible that my stock antenna isn't strong enough? Seems unlikely, as I've heard casa grande from here in 85234. Maybe I'm too im impatient? Seems like I'd have heard more on the topaz by now. Thanks for the help!

rwier

I've attached a zipped HPE file. Unzip it and get it into your Sentinel. Upload it to your scanner without editing. Pull the cable and see if you have any different results.

Attachments

• Topaz Gilbert Test.zip
    881 bytes · Views: 13

VismundCygnus

Got that file onto Sentinel then HP2. 13 channels found from that list, seems to be scanning just fine, but pretty much no activity. Did Gilbert just turn boring?

VismundCygnus

Update: Ive heard Gilbert PD! My issue was probably squelch, as it was all the way max for some reason. also, it seems like gilbert might be a bit boring.Also, thanks for the file, I'll use that for a gilbert-only list. I learned a lot from this and appreciate your help, Rob!

Status
Not open for further replies.