Tornado damage Dallas County

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Widespread reports of severely damaged or destroyed houses and commercial buildings (shopping centers) in the north Dallas area, from Harry Hines to Central Expwy, along a path from roughly Walnut Hill Lane to LBJ Fwy (I-635)

Another tornado confirmed northern Ellis County, near Dallas County line

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I was watching radar up here from Chicago. Everything from Dallas to Wichita KS was lit up like it was a hot spring day down there. Good thing the scanner listeners were in the know. Had WBAP 820 AM on too listening to the damage reports
Listen to The Ben Ferguson Show on WBAP on TuneIn

Last edited by a moderator:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Channels 4, 8, & 11 running solid weather reports on the storms. Last I looked, Ch 5 (NBC) was still in the Cowboy game

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Lucky all that is past the Stadium now. Of course the Cowboys still get top billing .. stayed on air. ;0)
Screenshot at 2019-10-20 22-13-48.png
Wow, saw the video on WFAA 8 - Big violent barrel from a phone-cam

Last edited by a moderator:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Large areas of collapsed houses in the 'Preston Hollow' area. Damage path roughly along and north of Walnut Hill Lane, up to LBJ Fwy. and east to about US 75.

The tornadic storms are now near Greenville & Terrell.

Another line of storms forming up about 100 miles west.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This image, provided by DPD copter Air 1, shows the path the tornado took. The dark areas, no lights, are the storm path.

Here's a map of the path:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Latest total from the Weather Service is that there were nine tornadoes, total, in the Sunday event. Three in Dallas County (Dallas, Garland, and Rowlett), one in Rockwall County, two in Ellis County (Midlothian and Ferris), two in Kaufman County (one near Terrell, the other in eastern Kaufman County), and one in Wills Point.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Ch 5 Tornado Ops Cmd Post is on Ch 10
Ch 6 Tornado Ops Cmd Post is on Ch 11

I finally got a chance to listen more than a few minutes today (something about work? paycheck? hmpf!). They're actually quite busy on both channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.