Tornado damage in Prattville

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
It looks like Prattville may have been struck by a tornado this afternoon. It hasn't been officially declared to be a tornado yet, but there is a path of damage from US Hwy 31 & Sheila Blvd intersection, to the Highland Ridge Subdivision off McQueen-Smith Road. The Montgomery Advertiser is reporting 200 homes damaged, with about 20-30 destroyed. Many businesses were damaged, especially those around the East Main Street / McQueen-Smith Road intersection. Power is out in much of the area, as power lines and power poles are down.

As of right now, there are no fatalities reported. There are about 29 injured people, with two of them being severe.

My family and I were fortunate - we only lost power for about 15 minutes, and we are well north of the damage area. I spoke to a friend who lives near the path of destruction, and he said that his free standing garage was badly damaged and he has holes in his roof. The house across the street from him was completely destroyed.

I've been monitoring the search and rescue effort this afternoon. In addition to Prattville PD and FD, the State Troopers, Autauga County SO, Autauga County VFDs, Montgomery FD, and Montgomery County SO units are assisting (there may be other agencies, but that's all i've heard.)

Here are the frequencies that are being used:

Prattville PD -155.565 (PL 203.5)
Prattville FD - 159.150 (PL 210.7)
Autauga Co VFD - 154.355 (PL 100.0)
Prattville FD FG/PD and VFD FG - 155.040 (PL 100.0)
Autauga Co SO - 155.070 (PL 127.3)
State Troopers - 154.920 (PL 127.3). AST has set up their mobile command post and i've picked up that PL on several occasions with low-powered transmissions.
State Troopers - 159.210 (PL 151.4)
ABC Board - 154.770 - APCO-25 digital (NAC 293)

My prayers go out to those who are injured and those who have lost their homes or have had their homes damaged.

Warren

SCPD

QRT
Hi Warren. glad to here all is ok with you up & no one was hurt, thanks for the update

Paul

wwhitby

Feed Provider
American Red Cross is using 47.42, 146.2 PL.

Also, the National Weather Service is reporting that it was an EF-3 tornado that struck Prattville yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.