Tornado On The Ground Champaign County (Urbana)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Tornado on the ground in Urbana (Champaign County) @ approx. 2045 hrs spotted and verified/reported by law enforcement and now broadcasting on NOAA WX 162.475. I heard it first on my local area SkyWarn repeater. No reports of any damage as of now.

JD
kf4anc

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Tornado on the ground in Urbana (Champaign County) @ approx. 2045 hrs spotted and verified/reported by law enforcement and now broadcasting on NOAA WX 162.475. I heard it first on my local area SkyWarn repeater. No reports of any damage as of now.

JD
kf4anc
WHIO displayed some photos of it. It will be interesting to hear the official word from the NWS.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
According to the Dayton Daily News:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...ounty-far-unconfirmed/NSnxouUAfWpEraCFFTVPnJ/

The National Weather Service isn't planning on investigating it as there was no damage. So, no confirmation of anything.

The problem with funnel cloud reports is it's difficult to determine if they are truly funnel clouds or just trails. I used to hear so many of these on one of the WARN nets here. There were 3 spotters within a half mile of each other. Two reported nothing and the other, an alarmist, reported several funnel clouds and hail. Of course, that spotter always saw something.

Status
Not open for further replies.