Tornado Warning for Franklin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
They said it just dissapated a moment ago. Thank lord because they said it was heading NE bound from Tamarack and Chardon rd, and that would have been heading right for my house. I have one of those big ass black clouds right above my house right now...

medic611

Hmmmm its coming towards you and your not seeking cover....... Stupidity keeps some of us busy while at work. Oh no big suprise about picktown i grew up when it was a cow town , since the yuppies moved in they have to maintain political correctness at all times, they forget or some don't know that they live in fairfield county not franklin !!!

wdz

Feed Provider
I live in Gahanna, and where I am it hailed so hard it shook the house. It was pretty crazy.

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4955.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

Last edited:

16b

Premium Subscriber
It's always fun to hear the various pieces of food and sporting equipment used to describe the size of hail on 146.760. I think the biggest I heard was "Golf Ball". The biggest actual measurement I heard was 1.5", and that was at the Skywarn net control station (you could hear the hail in the background when N8WX was transmitting).

jscott02

16b said:
It's always fun to hear the various pieces of food and sporting equipment used to describe the size of hail on 146.760. I think the biggest I heard was "Golf Ball". The biggest actual measurement I heard was 1.5", and that was at the Skywarn net control station (you could hear the hail in the background when N8WX was transmitting).

I heard that, as well as on WTVN I heard a caller report "baseball" sized hail in Gahanna.....that one seemed a bit extreme to me, but who knows.

wdz

Feed Provider
rdale said:
What?

Nice hail pics! Any zooms on a hailstone for size estimation?

No, unfortunately I didn't get a close up of the hale stones, or measure them. What hit us was definitely smaller then a golf ball, the only thing I can think to compare them to (unscientifically...sorry) was grape, or pebble size. The wind and the hail also de-leafed our trees which are still green. It's hard to make them out in the photos but there ground is covered by just as many leaves as it is ice.

Slawterr

jscott02 said:
I heard that, as well as on WTVN I heard a caller report "baseball" sized hail in Gahanna.....that one seemed a bit extreme to me, but who knows.

Ha whatever, I'm at Hamilton and Johnstown Rd and we saw nothing, but closer to Broad and Taylor Station we saw pea sized. Thats about it. Don't know about west of us, but the storm lost a lot by the time it got to Gahanna, or at least missed us by a tad.

Last edited:

red8

Thank goodness that ya'll made it through, that hail can cause a lot
damage and problems. Last Saturday my wife and I went out for lunch at Shoney's in Denham Springs, just outside of Baton Rouge and a severe thunderstorm came up all of a sudden. The Tigers
were playing in Baton Rouge at LSU stadium and the officials had to
clear the field because the storm was within 6 miles of the stadium.
The game was delayed for about 1 hour before play could continue.
believe me that was scary. By the way I like those pictures of the
hail stones they do look like you had a little snow but I know better.
red8

Status
Not open for further replies.