Toronto EMS Listening Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnobelen

Premium Subscriber
Looking for some help with what to program into my BC346XT so that I am able to listen to Toronto EMS.

From looking at the frequency databases, it appears they operate on the Motorola Type II Feetnet 800MHz toronto public safety system, but then there is also a system in the VHF range where it appears Toronto dispatches (CACC talkgroup). That is the only talkgroup on that channel. I am confused with I should be programming here. Also, if it turns out it's only the 800 system, do I need the different bands put in with the offsets and spacing, or does it only need the control channel(s)?

If anyone has information on how TEMS breaks up their zones and dispatching, channels, etc, that information would be great as well.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

VE3JSO

toronto ems used the toronto public saftey system in the 800 mhz the cacc that is in fleetnet is so that the out of town ambulance can talk to the toronto cacc

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Like animaljr said, the CACC channel is used for regional ambulances to talk to Toronto control. You probably don't need to worry about programming it.

Toronto EMS is indeed on the 800Mhz system, and you should be fine with just the control channels (no spacing, offset, etc).

jsnobelen

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

@ animaljr43
@ yorkphotog

Okay, thanks for the info guys.
If you could also just confirm for me, all I will need to do is add the sites (there are four), with appropriate control channel(s). Then there are three EMS zones with talk groups corresponding to those zones. How am I to know what zone works off of what site/tower? Basically I am going to have to add each ems zone with all its talk groups into each site, and so on with PD and FD. Seems overly tedious... Correct me if I am wrong, and if anyone has info on what zone corresponds to what site/tower, that would make life easy.

Thanks again.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
if you live in the west and dont travel youll only need the west tower... however if you travel around the city youll need all 4 towers...

ems in under Zone A.. i believe B and C are for special events
A1-A4 is the basic what you need NW NE SW SE co-orespond to the 4 ems divisions (separate from the N E S W towers). Roughly Yonge/Eglington is sthe dividing line between the 4 divisions

I can program the radio for a small fee (bring it to me) I can put in every single police ems and fire division in a separate bank.. so you can just turn on say 11 division + South fire + SW ems or any other combination. PM me for a price.

jsnobelen

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

torontokris said:
if you live in the west and dont travel youll only need the west tower... however if you travel around the city youll need all 4 towers...

ems in under Zone A.. i believe B and C are for special events
A1-A4 is the basic what you need NW NE SW SE co-orespond to the 4 ems divisions (separate from the N E S W towers). Roughly Yonge/Eglington is sthe dividing line between the 4 divisions

I can program the radio for a small fee (bring it to me) I can put in every single police ems and fire division in a separate bank.. so you can just turn on say 11 division + South fire + SW ems or any other combination. PM me for a price.

@ torontokris

I'm okay with the programming, but thanks for clarifying.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Toronto EMS isn't what it used to be. A good deal of the activities are done by computers. Back in the old daus (a year or 2 ago, lol) a EMS unit was dispatched by whatever one of the 4 quadrants it is in and they would arrive, call in to a dispatch talkgroup a figure out how to coordinate what hospital to go to.

Now with electric communicatins there is much less chatter to be heard and often not worth monitoring.

jsnobelen

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Toronto EMS isn't what it used to be. A good deal of the activities are done by computers. Back in the old daus (a year or 2 ago, lol) a EMS unit was dispatched by whatever one of the 4 quadrants it is in and they would arrive, call in to a dispatch talkgroup a figure out how to coordinate what hospital to go to.

Now with electric communicatins there is much less chatter to be heard and often not worth monitoring.

Thanks, good to know as well. I live in the K-W where our EMS use comms for pretty much everything. I travel to Toronto occasionally, so it's just good to have the system there.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
For EMS your best bet is to use only the south tower. All EMS talkgroups are always on the south tower, but not necessarily on the other towers (north/west/east).

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.