Toronto Fire Dispatch Channel BCD996P2 losing signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat14

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I just bought a Uniden Bearcat BC996P2 for my car with a nice sized antenna I put on the back of my car. I am able to to hear Toronto EMS & Fire TAC channels just fine, however when it comes to dispatch, even if I am sitting in one spot it more likely then not just show me "Finding Cntrl Channel".

Also, when I am in my condo by my window with the OEM antenna I have the same situation. Note I live on the border of Toronto.

Is there anything I can do about this issue? Also, all programing was imported from RR.

mciupa

How many signal bars show up on your scanner for TPS?

Is the Dispatch Channel under the same System Quick Key and if it isn't, did you accidentally disable it?

ATCTech

Am I correct in remembering that T/G 1401 (the automated dispatch system) is only carried on the South tower frequency group? Been a long time since I monitored that network.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I saw it on the West at one point but never North or East.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I am assuming EMS fire tac are programmed for multiple towers and your dispatch maybe set to only south (as others mentioned that was where it was dispatched off (with some exceptions). EMS Fire come through as they are off your local tower.

Check what towers dispatch is set to.
Either you are 1) not getting the south tower (weaker signal - you said you are on the border of Toronto, south is downtown but often can be heard from farther away)
2) or something got locked out (cc channel) on your fire programming. (As its a 996 its not a service type issue)

You could add dispatch to your EMS/Tac system to see (but if you are listening off east tower and dispatch comes off south you may not get it).

polkaroo

Missed him again!
The 996 series suffers from poor decoding on simulcast systems, of which Toronto 3C2 is. You may get better hits when you reorient your antenna, but unfortunately you will never get reliable hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.