Toronto Fire Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

The Toronto Fire feed are Broadcastify is only for the south side. Do they have separate lists of frequencies for each part of Toronto? From where the feeder is, which I don't know where, is it possible to get all the Toronto Fire Frequencies? Can someone fill me in as to what I am missing with this set up?

I don't even know if I am asking the question correctly, so please let me know if you don't understand.

Ihearsirens

I have listened to this feed quite a bit and done some Internet digging as well,from what I know all of Toronto fire dept is dispatched on south than told to switch to their assigned tac channel i.e north tac 1. I know there are many more channels that Toronto fire uses as listed in the RR data base. I think with the live feed it just has the south talk groups as that covers all the dispatch and the downtown I believe but I'm not from Toronto or do I provide the live feed, if you listen to the feed often I suggest you check out the Toronto CAD page.

VE3RADIO

From what I have heard on the feed it is just the south tower. The OP is correct in that each talkgroup is generally on the local tower, however being a smartzone system if a call is close to the south zone or east etc etc.. then you will often hear out of zone calls on the south tower.. if the feeder is scanning all talkgroups is another story.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I believe this feed is scanning all 16 Dispatch talkgroups (which only show up on South Zone), as well as all the North, South, East and West talkgroups - but only on the South Zone.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Toronto Fire is under Toronto Public Safety Trunking system
4 Towers/Sites/Zones ... RR has them as "sites"

The Feed apparently is only doing the South site.
Program in the other 3 sites North East West and program in Fire talkgroups

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=738
(see the frequencies for the sites at the top, and the talkgroups for fire are about halfway down)

Some Fireground / Talkaround channels are at
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=4326

But most activity is on the Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.