Toronto P25 is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
DISREGARD: Redownloaded and now am receiving.

I've downloaded this system from RR and programmed it into my 396XT using FreeScan. The scanner shows a signal strength, but if I scroll through the channels I'm not picking up a control channel. Also haven't heard any chatter at all. Scanner is in search mode.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
DISREGARD: Redownloaded and now am receiving.

I've downloaded this system from RR and programmed it into my 396XT using FreeScan. The scanner shows a signal strength, but if I scroll through the channels I'm not picking up a control channel. Also haven't heard any chatter at all. Scanner is in search mode.

For what it's worth, on some P25 systems, my x96 radios will only give a little "blip" of audio from the CC when I park it on that frequency by scrolling through the channels. I think the radio is trying to demodulate it as P25 voice but then realizes it's a control channel. Doesn't happen with all of them.. probably up to the variances between system flavors.

The easiest way to tell for sure with an x96 if you're receiving the control channel when parked on a frequency, is to watch the strength icon and watch for the "SID" and "WACN" display to alternate.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, for anyone watching the system it should be 100% clear that TPS plan on encrypting their comms. There's really no debate on that fact at all now.

mciupa

Well, for anyone watching the system it should be 100% clear that TPS plan on encrypting their comms. There's really no debate on that fact at all now.

TPS meaning Toronto Public Safety (all emergency services)

or TPS meaning Toronto Police Services.

:confused:

VE3RADIO

320 - 62-TS Admin Traffic Services Administration (Confirmed)
345 - 85-CP Court College Park Court (Confirmed)

1407 - TFS Disp 4 Dispatch 4

As excalibur said earlier the talkgroups are the same .. take talkgroup shown on screen and multiply it by 16 and compare to the old system.

Although we know what they are I will post them here when I have confirmed the channel via listening to the audio.

Last edited:

ninfreak

320 - 62-TS Admin Traffic Services Administration (Confirmed)
345 - 85-CP Court College Park Court (Confirmed)

1407 - TFS Disp 4 Dispatch 4

As excalibur said earlier the talkgroups are the same .. take talkgroup shown on screen and multiply it by 16 and compare to the old system.

Although we know what they are I will post them here when I have confirmed the channel via listening to the audio.

there the same talkgroup numbers on the old system

VE3RADIO

there the same talkgroup numbers on the old system

Yes we know. Excalibur pointed it out earlier.. I am just confirming them as I actually hear them in use. Its one thing to know.. another thing to confirm. Once they are all confirmed we will be able to have the new system updated in the DB as well.

Mike_0121

Premium Subscriber
Just confirmed, TPS talk groups are migrating to the digital system on September 16, encryption to follow on October 15th. Ambulance and Fire will not be encrypted.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Also, just confirming that they are using Phase 2 (TDMA) on some groups. Saw a bunch of activity on it today.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I've logged talkgroups 1 and 279 on Site 6 this evening and 327 on Site 7 earlier today. 259 showed up on Site 5 around 10:30am but just once. Unknown if Phase 1 or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.