Toronto police feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3JSO

Also, why limit yourself to a analogue scanner? There are plenty of digital scanners incl the PSR800 and the Home Patrol 1 that are easy to scan and figure out.

i agree it seems everyone is switching to digital ie opp mtoe and i think toronto police is going fully digital even though they have some digital on the current system so your best bet is to spend a few extra cash and get a digital scanner and you can get the above agencies and all the air freq even milair

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

WZ1 said:
Be sure to ask scanner master about the "hometown programming" ranging from $69 - $315

I recommend going with the 315 dollar package, that will get you the most channels. :)

Ya, absolutely. Then it raises the price and barrelrol, this will make it a lot more expensive because the $300 or so dollar scanner now will cost you over$400, plus the HST. That is at least another $50 and no postie (normally you get a guy/girl who is working on a contract) carries change. Also barrellrol, if you asked for it to be programmed it takes time so with the avalanche of items being shipped expect it to take around a month to get to your door. Good luck to you, I imagine after Kris offered his services I doubt he will be offering his services.

unlisted

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Ya, absolutely. Then it raises the price and barrelrol, this will make it a lot more expensive because the $300 or so dollar scanner now will cost you over$400, plus the HST. That is at least another $50 and no postie (normally you get a guy/girl who is working on a contract) carries change. Also barrellrol, if you asked for it to be programmed it takes time so with the avalanche of items being shipped expect it to take around a month to get to your door. Good luck to you, I imagine after Kris offered his services I doubt he will be offering his services.

I'd have to agree- torontokris would of been your best option. I have never done business personally with him, but have heard nothing but great things, and he comes highly recommended.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sigh.....

Dude, it's been said many times that the scanner covers the general aviation frequencies (pretty much every scanner does by the way). That hasn't changed.

Buy yourself a radio. Play around with it. Learn how to use it and program it. Then if it doesn't suit your needs sell it and upgrade. Simple as that.

unlisted

No not at all, the best way to monitor aircraft is with an old monitor and put a picture of the plane on the background.

:)

thread-delivers.jpg

(sorry, just had to)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

barrelroll said:
well guys is the 346xt going to be good for monitring aircraft or not?

Are you for real? Seriously what's your damage? For the last time and I will say it in caps DO YOUR OWN RESEARCHE AND GO ON LINE AND LEARN SOMETHING YOURSELF. I don't understand it. There are newbs who come on here and ask the most ridiculous questions. They figure that all they have to do is enter in a few frequencies like they did when the scanners needed crystals. So they drop hundreds of dollars and are completely numb when it comes to how to work them. You would think that if you spent all this $ it would only make sense that you would actually learn how to program a scanner and take the advice of all the members here. But no, we get guys either asking for things like feeds or others wondering why frequency #666.6665 doesn't work with the limo service like it did back 1993. And instead of working and messaging people to figure out how to get it to work or using the database and wiki page, the dumbest questions about feeds and why my scanner doesn't work threads. I like nothing more than helping people here out but if there is no effort I am not going to bother.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Man: If a UPS truck or EMS truck went into his house he still couldnt figure out how to listen in to the action.
Its been months since he was supposed to get a scanner and day after day after day he asks "Can I hear Pearson with a 346XT? Talking to him is like clapping with one hand.

The funny part about this; maybe he doesnt live close enough to PIA and can only hear the pilots and not the towers. I crack up in advance of the post he would make then.

SCPD

QRT
Well speaking of that I do live pretty close to CYYZ cuz I'm at Mavis and Bristol so I'm pretty close I face 24L so I can see arivals and departures all the time.

rockblock

Thanks so much that really helped, well thanks guys I think I know know what Im going to order from scanner master!! sorry if I ever caused any trouble on here. Well time for me to hit the road see ya!!

Barrelroll, I think you'd be making a big mistake...give Kris a shout and you won't be disappointed...besides the potential hassle of importing a Scanner, you get a good price, excellent customer service and Kris will also teach you a trick or two...I purchased form him and highly recommend !

Also, there are some very nice people on this forum with plenty of experience - some of them have already pointed you in the right direction - I recommend you take their advice. Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.