Toronto Police Service Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
When Toronto Police eventually goes to a digital system will their communication be encrypted? Wondering if I should sell my radio while I can get some $$$ for it! Thanks!

mciupa

Database Admin
Tow truck drivers and scanner feed providers are always looking for a good deal. Depends what you have and the buyer needs. (Digital..Trunking... etc)

DMRAPX

I will bet my last dollar TPS will be all encrypted sooner than you think. Sell all your radios while you can.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I will bet my last dollar TPS will be all encrypted sooner than you think. Sell all your radios while you can.

Are you:
A politician, what ward do you represent if you are?

Working for the city, in finance, radio, contracts?

A Motorola salesperson?

On the Police service board?

Have you emailed your city councilor? You realize that Mayor Ford's only redeeming quality is that he takes phone calls and responds to many of them.

If you are not any of the above you are just guessing. I lived in Toronto for 8 years, it is easy to speak with your concilllor, he and she will respond back to you. Big City? Doesn't matter: Councillors from as diverse as Howard Moscoe and Adam Giabrone answered my concerns promptly.

Even here in Halton, my councillor is on the police services board, and a regional councillor. When Halton was rumoured to be switching over I took the step that very few of you people on here do.

I asked him and he responded back AND! He also had the assistant chief of police to email me and explain how and why? I am sure if I asked for financial info (I could care less) he would have given it to me.

This "switch" was first mentioned maybe 5 or 6 years ago, it was debated then and still is now.

And no one has the actual answer, just guesses.

Don't sell off or throw away your scanners yet, unless you have a 396XT you want to sell it cheap :)

SCPD

QRT
Fact is all public safety Wil be enc. Canada just is moving at a faster rate then the usa. Attended a public safety seminar and it is inevitable. I'd say by 2025 all will be. It's inevitable. Like Europe and Australia it's slowly happening in North america. Mexico enc faster then upper north America.

bigcam406

York region hasn't switched over as of yet.Durham fire is going to in the clear for another year.then theres aircraft bands if you are into that sorta thing.....plus theres always western New York if you have a good location.yes,it will be a bummer when they switch over,as I have been listening to them for over 20 years.but life goes on....

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
What other stuff is good to listen to in the GTA?

York Region EMS, PD
Peel Region EMS
Halton Region Ems, Faire
OPP, Numerous divisions
Rail
Metrolinx, for the most part
Hamilton Ems, Niagara EMS

There are more things to listen, this is not a well researched list, just off the top of my head.

DMRAPX

I have a friend who's sister works for a company that knows someone that use to be part of committee that has knowledge about the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.