Toronto Police Stolen Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

I guess he has a new word in his vocabulary "Affiliate". His motives may have been 'honest' and he simply wished to monitor what was happening between shifts. We wont go the other direction.

gary123

Yes they could, but they may have wanted to track down the unit. APX radios are expensive (overpriced LOL). Recovering the unit may have been in the cards.

hypersight

Yes they could, but they may have wanted to track down the unit. APX radios are expensive (overpriced LOL). Recovering the unit may have been in the cards.
This reminds me of that tow driver who stole a TPS radio from a cruiser about 10 years ago. They pinged the radio and found the idiot.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking they let him play with it for awhile and monitor how it was being used and for what purpose.

a417

I'm thinking they let him play with it for awhile and monitor how it was being used and for what purpose.
:rolleyes:
the actual article said:
The circumstances surrounding the theft, use and recovery of the radio weren’t disclosed as of Monday because Osborne said there was an ongoing investigation.
:unsure:

zob-slantzero

Premium Subscriber
Toronto police have laid further charges against an officer who allegedly took part in a scheme to provide encrypted police radios to tow truck drivers.
In late May, police in York region announced multiple arrests due to an alleged turf war between companies.
York police say at least four homicides and 30 arsons over the past three years can be traced to organized crime groups operating within the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.