Toronto shooting caught on video

Status
Not open for further replies.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
First, I was under the impression that guns were illegal in Canada? How did this man obtain one? And second, I'm surprised that they actually identified the race of the suspect. In the U.S., it is not politically correct to identify the race of a suspect on the news or in press releases for fear of offending someone or some group.

Pyr8

letarotor said:
First, I was under the impression that guns were illegal in Canada? How did this man obtain one? And second, I'm surprised that they actually identified the race of the suspect. In the U.S., it is not politically correct to identify the race of a suspect on the news or in press releases for fear of offending someone or some group.
Ya...and we all live in igloos too!

But really...guns are totally "legal" in Canada. The process to get your gun license as far as i know is harder than most states in the US mind you.

There is a license for long guns and a license for hand guns. Hand gun sales and ownership are limited to barrel lengths over a certain measurement....i don't have the info handy off hand.

Carrying of handguns is restricted to law enforcement and military for the most part. Civilians under "extenuating" circumstances ONLY and with the permission of the government can carry side arms...though i have never heard of anyone getting one of these permits....probably reserved for dignitaries and so forth.

As far as long guns, automatic rifles/machine guns are illegal period...same goes for automatic hand guns.

I would say that 95% if not more, percent of handguns used in crimes in Canada are illegally smuggled in from the US.

If your really that interested.....you can find all our gun related regulations and info here: http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/default_e.asp

And as far as identifying people.....we as Canadians for the most part to not discriminate nor differentiate people based on their color or background......if your a criminal, your a criminal.....if you shoot innocent people...you should be executed at dawn...but alas...Canada abandoned the death penalty back in 1976! ;)

Last edited:

hoser147

The news here in the US always shows the criminal in crime video's. The Bad guys have guns,There is nothing racist about being a criminal. When they take away Gun ownership only the bad guys and cops will have em.................Hoser

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Gota have more toys!"

That statement is a bit ironic now isn't it?

"I would say that 95% if not more, percent of handguns used in crimes in Canada are illegally smuggled in from the US."

Could it be because they're made here?

"Canadians for the most part to not discriminate nor differentiate people based on their color or background."
And;
"The Bad guys have guns,There is nothing racist about being a criminal."

That reminds me of an episode of COPS when the suspect tried to play the race card. The cop replied in addition to the Miranda rights (something to the effect of) "You have an equal opportunity to be arrested."

"i dont think he gives a crap about getting cought with a gun."

He would if he had it stuck in his throat.

"and the press in USA can give out a race."

NASPRESS?

I love you guys. DAMN THE SPELL CHECKS, FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.