Toronto Transit Commission - PowerTrunk TETRA

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Slight correction on the 102721, it's actually called "Events Ch3", and so far I've heard them use it only for shuttle bus operations.

gary123

The download link is at the bottom of every post the author has made on the topic thread.

Once I looked in the correct place the link was obvious. to save others time here is a direct link to the download. I do however highly suggest that everyone read the forum threads to gain familiarity.
forum

software

NOTE on the software check back occasionally for updated releases.

DRL-XM43

Just to clarify this is the direct link for download of the plug I am using - there are other ones floating around but are not the one I have highlighted - this is the best for me so far, author thewraith2008

Latest version (v1.6.3.4) can be found here: Release post
- Please download 'TTT_1.6.3.4_release.7z' and install.
- Also download 'TTT_hotfix_v1.6.3.8.7z' and copy and replace the two files into the above install.

Last edited:

Aurora

Saw group 60002 used for an emergency transmission. Button pressed in error.

gary123

Maybe they are reading these forums and dont want the system being monitored :(.
My guess is system maintainance

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Then everything would have been encrypted from the start I think, as the system is capable of encryption.

I'm hoping it's temporary, but if not I will try it at work next week to see if I can pick up something there.

Aurora

Picking up a site on 423.7375 LA 35 CC 35 Main 932 Current 949

Very little activity on it. I’m near the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station.

mciupa

Database Admin
I've put my Margarita's down long enough to tweak the database all the way from the Dominican Republic. :p I'm only going to list the active channels as data channels

I'll be back home on Friday and join you guys mapping this thing out. :)

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Something is definitely weird with this 422.800... its 11:37pm, and I haven't heard anything since 9:38pm. i have the log turned on and it hasnt recorded anything since. the signal is there, it's locked on. i've restarted SDR# and it hasnt done anything. this is on two computers as well.

No activity.

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Looks like 422.800 came back sometime overnight...

However, I have discovered some more interesting things... Yesterday when 422.800 went down, i found i had another SDR from when I was doing ADSB, and it had a built in amplifier, so i was able to tune into 422.6875 on another computer.

So it appears that some talkgroups are not broadcast on all frequencies, as I have been listening to both frequencies for the past hour, and I have noticed several differences between them, some talkgroups being on both, and some on one but not the other.

gary123

The dual TG issue may be from a user being on the appropriate freq. No user no retransmission.

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Another talk group that's listed in the database 101013 - Surface Channel 3 does not exist on either 422.800 or 422.6875. I've heard it being called for units to switch to, to talk to the subway assistant (135A) and i hear nothing. For the past week I've also not heard it on 422.800, and I thought perhaps another frequency would have it, but no. I've also been watching the logs, in case this was marked as encrypted but it isnt. It just doesn't appear.

So this system is definitely not the same across the city when it comes to monitoring.

Just curious if anyone has heard this 101013 on a different frequency than those two.

HiVolt

Feed Provider
With the higher powered SDR i was actually able to pull in 423.3375, but the modulation errors are 40-50% so it breaks up a lot. Im just curious to see if any other talkgroups are on it.

I've also discovered purely by accident, another frequency that appears to be TETRA, not sure if its TTC or someone else, 412.2375 with MCC 302 MNC 1563, LA 1, Color 1, which is different than the TTC. Currently no activity on it but I'll sit on for a bit.

Last edited:

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
I've also discovered purely by accident, another frequency that appears to be TETRA, not sure if its TTC or someone else, 412.2375 with MCC 302 MNC 1563, LA 1, Color 1, which is different than the TTC. Currently no activity on it but I'll sit on for a bit.
Hello,

Possibly Ontario Power Generation based on TAFL and this press release.

73 Eric

AOD999

Another talk group that's listed in the database 101013 - Surface Channel 3 does not exist on either 422.800 or 422.6875. I've heard it being called for units to switch to, to talk to the subway assistant (135A) and i hear nothing. For the past week I've also not heard it on 422.800, and I thought perhaps another frequency would have it, but no. I've also been watching the logs, in case this was marked as encrypted but it isnt. It just doesn't appear.

So this system is definitely not the same across the city when it comes to monitoring.

Just curious if anyone has heard this 101013 on a different frequency than those two.
I work downtown. 412.0625Mhz and I hear it here. its LA 31 and I live in Etobicoke so 412.9625Mhz LA:29 is extremely a strong signal. Also this morning before 6:15 Lots of activity on it there as well.