Torrington FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

P25andstuff

Does anyone know why new Fire-grounds showed up under Torrington this week. Im wondering if they have been around for a long time and just found, or did TFD just get the licenses for these new freqs.

P25andstuff

Here they are:
159.69750 BM 271 DPL Torrington FG1 Fireground 1 FMN Fire-Tac
153.87500 WPYW998 BM 271 DPL Torrington FG2 Fireground 2 FMN Fire-Tac
153.97250 BM 134 DPL Torrington FG3 Fireground 3 FMN Fire-Tac

And your link will not work.

Reconrider

Weird. The link worked for me yesterday when I posted

I’ll be up that way this weekend or next week.
Is that the new license? Mobile doesn’t let me look at the fcc site for some reason

P25andstuff

Weird. The link worked for me yesterday when I posted

I’ll be up that way this weekend or next week.
Is that the new license? Mobile doesn’t let me look at the fcc site for some reason
Ok so I checked the license for Fire Ground 2 and it was active in 2016 so I guess they have been around for a while. But why have they been added so late, you think there would be traffic on those frequencies before last week.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
because information has to be submitted into the database in order for it to go there, it doesnt just magically appear

P25andstuff

because information has to be submitted into the database in order for it to go there, it doesnt just magically appear
I know it doesn't "appear", Im not that dumb. Its just I thought all of TFDs channels were already found and documented.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I know it doesn't "appear", Im not that dumb. Its just I thought all of TFDs channels were already found and documented.
It's not unusual at all that some of the more rural towns like Torrington (let's face it, despite it's size, it's still in a fairly rural area) to have channels not submitted to the DB until more recently. Also it's not unusual for dormant licenses to become active with new radio programming.
I am unfamiliar with Torrington's situation but I suspect it is one of those two reasons.

P25andstuff

It's not unusual at all that some of the more rural towns like Torrington (let's face it, despite it's size, it's still in a fairly rural area) to have channels not submitted to the DB until more recently. Also it's not unusual for dormant licenses to become active with new radio programming.
I am unfamiliar with Torrington's situation but I suspect it is one of those two reasons.
Im right next to Torrington yes its quite rural. That does make sense, I know some people on TFD I'll have to give them a ring.

Reconrider

Hmm I never got a notification for the few times I was quoted. I’m in town now and I’ll keep my scanner on those few that are there. Doubt much will happen today because it’s so cold

Status
Not open for further replies.