Torrington PD radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
They really need to upgrade there system, it just sounds awful. When did they switch to 800mhz analog? Half the time you can't hear the mobile side of the conversation and I don't think the officers were properly trained in how to use them. It's a repeater system so they have to wait a sec before speaking, but mostly you just hear the click of the mic and thats it...

Mork

Premium Subscriber
Huh?

The system is far from great but they sound fine to me and they've been on 800 analog for years.

doc

KB1MZR

I agree, the system sounds fine but living in Torrington I can see the problem the officer's are having because I've talked to a few of them and certain areas they have absolutely no coverage whatsoever. Geographically, Torrington is hard to deal with but I think they need to have the engineer's take a look to improve the system, for the safety of the officers being able to communicate in the field.

cg

Premium Subscriber
My experience with an 800 MHz system is poor coverage in buildings and poor reception near Nextel sites. The portable are limited to 3 watts so that certainly contributes to problems.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.