Torrington Police Scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brina7

Ive been to radio shack here in Torrington and they say that you cant get the codes, frequencies its all encrypted. Even on digital. However Lingle, Ft Laramie etc can get it? I asked her then why even try to sell scanners at all...she just shrugged. Someone said it was all on wyolink now and it doesnt make a difference. Makes ya wonder what their trying to hide. So what do you do with your old analog scanners now?

Sabrina

Don't listen to radio shack here, they don't know what they are talking about. Check on here on the database and that will get you started. I too live in Torrington and can hear about everything there is to hear around here. Also nothing is encrypted. You will need to buy a digital scanner and not an analog scanner. Then you need to get a scanner software off the internet for free, then program your scanner off the database here.

eagleswings01

I'm surprised Torrington is digital. I have relatives in Cheyenne and my 310 picks up most everything there.

3mary2

Older scanners

Ive been to radio shack here in Torrington and they say that you cant get the codes, frequencies its all encrypted. Even on digital. However Lingle, Ft Laramie etc can get it? I asked her then why even try to sell scanners at all...she just shrugged. Someone said it was all on wyolink now and it doesnt make a difference. Makes ya wonder what their trying to hide. So what do you do with your old analog scanners now?

Sabrina

Not everyone in Wyoming has gone to Wyo-Link. From what I can see there are cities which don't have the funds to switch to the Wyo-link system as of yet. If do any traveling you should find areas where the old analog scanner will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.