Total DMR confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC5CSG

The Awesome Blue Waffle 825
Posting your codeplug just might help...and I promise I won't look at it. :roll:

And I would respond to your question, but you don't want my help.

Dude I don't have a code plug. I just programmed the radio using the software that came with the radio. In Zone1 That I named Repeater I programmed TG1 TS1 CC10. That is supposed to be WW (PTT). Also, TG3 TS1 CC10 which is North America. Also TG2 TS2 CC10 Which is the local. Also TG13 TS1 CC10 which is WW english. Also TG3174 TS1 CC10 which is SE Regional. Also TG310 TS1 CC10 which is TAC310.

RX 444.975
TX 449.975

There you go.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Once the signal is decrypted in the RX side it's PT to the network...not encrypted.

Once again, Motorola TRBO repeaters do not have encryption/decryption capabilities. Motorola P25 repeaters don't even have this capability unless you add an external piece of hardware called a DIU.

65,000 combos on basic and 1.46 E48 for Enhanced sure falls within encrption to me.

Perhaps in the Tytera world but not in the Motorola world however I have no idea of what this has to do with your radio not being able to receive a DMR signal?

Now if there is more than the four parameters then let me know otherwise I'm going to assume along with a few other people here it's encrypted.

Once again, I wish you luck in figuring this out. I'm not familiar with Tytera radios and what they need to work. I am familiar with Motorola and I can tell you that what you're saying about the repeater sending plain text across the network is absolutely incorrect.

With that, I'm done.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
My wife told me to me to help you, so here goes...

You said you have "all of the talk groups into the radio for the repeater". Where did you program those? In a group list I would imagine, did you assign that list to the channel(s)?

And what about the "Contact Name" field, did you assign a contact (preferably one with one of the TG's you are trying to listen to). A "must" if you didn't assign a group list.

And like has been mentioned numerous times, the repeater isn't encrypted, the individual radios are.

This whole exercise would be easier if you posted your codeplug, but I guess that isn't going to happen.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Dude I don't have a code plug. I just programmed the radio using the software that came with the radio. In Zone1 That I named Repeater I programmed TG1 TS1 CC10. That is supposed to be WW (PTT). Also, TG3 TS1 CC10 which is North America. Also TG2 TS2 CC10 Which is the local. Also TG13 TS1 CC10 which is WW english. Also TG3174 TS1 CC10 which is SE Regional. Also TG310 TS1 CC10 which is TAC310.

RX 444.975
TX 449.975

There you go.

You list the TX and RX backwards. Everything I've found has output on 449.975...
W5BII 449.975 -5 MHz Color Code 10
TS1 TG 1 WW (PTT)
TS1 TG 13 WW Eng (PTT)
TS1 TG 3 NA
TS1 TG 3174 SE Regional
TS1 TG 310 Tac 310 (PTT)TS2 TG 2 Local
Updated: 231116

KC5CSG

You list the TX and RX backwards. Everything I've found has output on 449.975...

No it's 444.975 +5 MHz. I'm actually keying up the repeater. Just not getting any audio into it or out of it.

Callsign: W5BII
Frequency: 444.97500
Offset: +5.000
ColorCode: 10

DMR-MARC
Westlake, Louisiana

TS1 TG 1 WW (PTT)
TS1 TG 13 WW Eng (PTT)
TS1 TG 3 NA
TS1 TG 3174 SE Regional
TS1 TG 310 Tac 310 (PTT)
TS2 TG 2 Local

The above is straight off of the DMR-MARC repeater map

What's even funnier is someone got on the analog repeater a few minutes ago and asked one of the club officers if the repeater was encrypted. The officer responded that the DMR repeater isn't owned or sponsored by W5BII. When they were told W5BII was listed as the repeater call and the repeater is actually IDing with W5BII (The Club Callsign) the club officer called the person a liar and stopped responding. I'm thinking it's encrypted.....again

KC5CSG

My wife told me to me to help you, so here goes...

You said you have "all of the talk groups into the radio for the repeater". Where did you program those? In a group list I would imagine, did you assign that list to the channel(s)?

And what about the "Contact Name" field, did you assign a contact (preferably one with one of the TG's you are trying to listen to). A "must" if you didn't assign a group list.

And like has been mentioned numerous times, the repeater isn't encrypted, the individual radios are.

This whole exercise would be easier if you posted your codeplug, but I guess that isn't going to happen.

How do I post the codeplug? Do I just copy and paste the file that the program saves to? I have created the contacts in the digital groups and I have assigned all of the channels to a zone and I have assigned the contact names.

KevinC

Super Moderator
How do I post the codeplug? Do I just copy and paste the file that the program saves to? I have created the contacts in the digital groups and I have assigned all of the channels to a zone and I have assigned the contact names.

Read your radio, save the file, reply to this thread and scroll down to "Manage Attachments", choose your file (you will need to change the extension, maybe use .txt) and upload it.

KC5CSG

Read your radio, save the file, reply to this thread and scroll down to "Manage Attachments", choose your file (you will need to change the extension, maybe use .txt) and upload it.

Okay here goes:

the original extension is .rdt

Well crap, keeps telling me the file exceeds the limit lol

KevinC

Super Moderator
Okay here goes:

the original extension is .rdt

Well crap, keeps telling me the file exceeds the limit lol

Zip it and then upload. Won't have to change the extension then.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Probelm 1, no group list assigned...

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 386

KevinC

Super Moderator
Probelm 2, no contacts assigned to group list...

Attachments

• Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 379

KC5CSG

Without a group list you will only hear 1 TG, that being the "Contact Name".

Okay I'll try it but I know they talk on the local network TG2 TS2 and when I go there I still can't hear them but maybe my old brain is farting out of me lol

anything else?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Typically a RX Group List isn't needed and only causes confusion. What usually happens is you end up with people talking to each other using two groups. They can hear each other but you only hear one side unless you've got both groups in a RX Group List.

Definitely worth a shot.

Are you using Tytera firmware or experimental firmware?

Another thing to try when you're going radio to radio through the repeater is to change your ID on the receiving radio. There used to be an issue with two radios sharing the same ID being able to hear each other.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Okay I'll try it but I know they talk on the local network TG2 TS2 and when I go there I still can't hear them but maybe my old brain is farting out of me lol

anything else?

I didn't see any other glaring issues.

And they may very well be encrypted, but I'd bet adjusting these two parameters fixes your issue.

KC5CSG

Typically a RX Group List isn't needed and only causes confusion. What usually happens is you end up with people talking to each other using two groups. They can hear each other but you only hear one side unless you've got both groups in a RX Group List.

Definitely worth a shot.

Are you using Tytera firmware or experimental firmware?

Another thing to try when you're going radio to radio through the repeater is to change your ID on the receiving radio. There used to be an issue with two radios sharing the same ID being able to hear each other.

Yes I've have different ID's on the radios I'm playing with. I have the firmware in the radios that came with the radios. Yeah I'm seeing in a lot of videos that most people do not even play with the rx groups.

I created them and put them in but same old thing....

KevinC

Super Moderator
I'm guessing you didn't get anywhere?

It's interesting that you can't even hear yourself as the repeater itself can't be "encrypted", it just passes whatever it receives. This would lead us to believe you still have a programming issue (assuming you aren't just desensing the receiving radio when you Tx).

Status
Not open for further replies.