Total newbie to radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coinneach

I picked up a Uniden BCD396T scanner at an estate sale for practically nothing. I updated the firmware and downloaded the BCD396T_UASD database info. The scanner does function, I get weather etc. but nothing is being picked up from the CSP etc. In quickly (and I mean quickly) covering web pages on this site, I noted a frequency difference between my Uniden provided database and what is published here. I gather there was a frequency change, is this true? And, if so, are there any recommendations on how to properly correct this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

rckydenver

Premium Subscriber
Wondering what your location is? Usually when picking up digital just go with the control channel, the one's in red on the database..For me living in Arvada i use the Mt. Thorodin site 853.97500, and also the Lookout Mtn 853.77500. Yes we did have a reband on the 800 MHz everything came down 15MHz..For example Mt.Thorodin was 868.97500 less the 15MHz, now it's 853.97500..and so on..

Your 396T wont get Lakewood/Wheatridge due to there ESK, and soon Denver is going ESK..That why the GRE 500/600 are getting to be popular now..Hoping the Uniden will work on update fix for this.(keeping finger cross) but looking at the Uniden forum sounds like a new radio in the works.

Welcome to the Colorado forum..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.