Totally clueless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSpeechy

I am in serious need of some help! I have read everything I can get my hands on and I still can't figure out what I'm doing. I purchased a Radio Shack Pro 405 for my parents. We live in Orangeburg County and there has been a lot of theft lately. I brought this scanner so they would be able to hear what is going on around them via the county sheriff and public safety departments.

Well, I cannot seem to get any of what I found to be the frequencies for this area to work. What I do get mostly comes in at night only. I have been able to listen to bamberg and what I think is holly hill, but these have been isolated occasions. 460.1625 comes in intermittently. I even went out and purchased an 800mhz antenna hoping this would work. No noticeable difference.

Is this not an appropriate scanner for this area? I'm near the point of returning everything and just giving up. It has to be possible to catch frequencies in this area because I've read other people's posts. Nevertheless, any assistance, guidance, or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.