Totally rediculous idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

They also had better include in the ban: paper grocery bags, ski masks,
pillow cases, women's nylon stockings -
the list of common items that could be used to conceal one's face is quite long.

I find it interesting that the Police Chief states that:
"the (police) department is looking into writing an ordinance outlawing the sale of the clothing".

I was taught in school that law-making was reserved only for duly elected legislators in the US,
and that the police's duty is solely to enforce laws.

I guess the Chief is planning on cutting those pesky, uncooperative politicians out of the picture.

He also asked that parents go through their teens' closets and cars to see if they own any of the hoodies.
For what purpose? So they can report posession of LEGAL property???

And the public pays dearly to support some of these dumb-ass civil servants...

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I've heard several police officers come on the radio telling "dispatch" that they stopped someone and made them unzip their hoodies. I thought it sounded odd as it was COLD on the days that I heard these comms. Apparently, they had their hoodies zipped up too high???

What's it gonna come to next? You aren't allowed to use or have that type of car because they are typically used to rob banks... :roll:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
mikepdx said:
They also had better include in the ban: paper grocery bags, ski masks,
pillow cases, women's nylon stockings -
the list of common items that could be used to conceal one's face is quite long.

paper grocery bags!

the unknown comic is gonna need a new gig.

jimyleg

Regular hooded sweatshirts zip up to the neck but these garments can be zipped all the way to the top of the head and can have eyeholes cut into them.

Of course, you'd have to have a siszer or a knife to do something like that.............

........................ and who'd have something like that?

CRIMINALS AND TEENS!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
As a sidebar, what galls me is people, police especially calling them "hoodies". Hooded clothing has been around since Man learned how to weave cloth and they've always been called HOODS. What next, Robin Hoodie? Every time I hear this juvenile reference on the scanner I cringe, it's BABY TALK!

wogggieee

kb2vxa said:
As a sidebar, what galls me is people, police especially calling them "hoodies". Hooded clothing has been around since Man learned how to weave cloth and they've always been called HOODS. What next, Robin Hoodie? Every time I hear this juvenile reference on the scanner I cringe, it's BABY TALK!
Its just a shortened version of hooded sweatshirt. A slang for those garments. it's referring to the entire garment not just the hood. When they're putting their hood up they don't say they're putting their hoodie up. A hood is still a hood.

bpckty1

After he gets the hoodies banned, will he require all teen males to wear suspenders to keep their pants around the waist?

;^>

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
rescue161 said:
I've heard several police officers come on the radio telling "dispatch" that they stopped someone and made them unzip their hoodies.
I'm probably in an "internet tough guy" mood right now, but the police can tell me what to zip or unzip all they want. They aren't going to get it, though, unless they can show me specifically where the law bans certain clothes. (Or does NC law do that?) It would just make my day to be arrested for having a zipper in the wrong place.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Lookit heah intanet tuff goy, we ain't gonna stan' aroun' da st'eets ah Booklin playin' lawyah, we jus' toss ya inna cage an' let da judge squeeze ya fuhdda dough. Ya ain't so tuff, weah tuffah sah shaddap an' git inna cah!

Don_Burke

ibagli said:
I'm probably in an "internet tough guy" mood right now, but the police can tell me what to zip or unzip all they want. They aren't going to get it, though, unless they can show me specifically where the law bans certain clothes. (Or does NC law do that?) It would just make my day to be arrested for having a zipper in the wrong place.
Many of the southern states have laws restricting the wearing of masks, basically an anti-Klan measure.

Virginia has one and I expect North Carolina would have one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.