tower 213

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiopete

Today as I am listening to my scanner, I am receiving tower 213. The RR database shows this as Sandusky. I am in Sterling Heights. Is this possible? I dont think it is skip. Any suggestions?

mikey60

radiopete said:
Today as I am listening to my scanner, I am receiving tower 213. The RR database shows this as Sandusky. I am in Sterling Heights. Is this possible? I dont think it is skip. Any suggestions?

I'm assuming you're using a GRE made scanner. GRE scanners show the site number in a HEX representation.

In this case, the site is in Zone 2, Site 13(hex).

Converting 13 from HEX to Decimal gives us site #219, which is the Macomb Simulcast.

Mike

freqs

radiopete said:
i as well get 213 in south warren freq 868.9875 on a pro96

mikey60

freqs said:
i as well get 213 in south warren freq 868.9875 on a pro96

Ok, I'll try a bit more to explain it...

The Pro-96 and the Pro-2096 show the site number in this format TZZSS where ZZ is a hexadecimal representation of the tower zone, and SS is the site number, also in a Hexadecimal format.

In the case of T0213, The site is in zone 2, and the site number is 13 Hex...

To convert the site number to decimal (the format shown in the RR database), multiply the value in the tens place by 16 (in this case, that digit is a 1, so 16 * 1 == 16) and then add the number in the ones place (in this case that's a 3, so 16 + 3 = 19).

Putting those back together again, zone 2, site 19 is shown in the database as 219, aka the Macomb Simulcast.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.