Tower changes for IWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Looks like IWN has had some infrastructure updates their sites.

Columbia Center is now Tower 75
Gold Mtn is now Tower 76
Haven't confirmed Tower 77, 78 as yet...

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Confirming - Gold is showing as site ID 76 today. I'm also getting Gunnysack traffic this afternoon, but no site ID (null).

RBMTS

Are you saying that Site 6 (Seattle) should be changed to 75? Site 7 (Gold Mtn) should be changed to 76? Are they both still showing an RFSS of 1 ?

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Are you saying that Site 6 (Seattle) should be changed to 75? Site 7 (Gold Mtn) should be changed to 76? Are they both still showing an RFSS of 1 ?

Yes and yes. I've confirmed the changes on most of the sites listed below.

See photo:
IWN715.JPG

Complete list so far...

70 is Bellingham (101)
71 is Blaine (102)
74 is Striped Peak, Port Angeles (105)
75 is Columbia Center (106)
76 is Gold Mtn (107)
77 is Grass Mtn (108)
78 is Marysville (109)
79 is Port of Tacoma (110)

IWN2.JPG

Last edited:

RBMTS

We need actual monitoring verification that the other sites have indeed changed their ID rather than relying on a “neighboring” list. I have no doubt it’s accurate (obviously) but we still need the actual verification.

Added:
Oh wait, I see you have confirmed them. I missed that.

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to get some help with discovery on the IWN. I have a feeling there may be more than the frequencies listed under site 46 (Burch Mountain). Lately I'll hear them on analog but it sounds like its getting cut off and has a digital feel to it, hard to describe. I'll lock it on the IWN channels but won't hear anything. I have a Uniden SDS200. Is it easier using an SDR on a computer to see all the info? How do you find if any frequencies are missing using discovery mode? Also can't seem to find the FCC licenses for the system to search through freqs that way.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Also can't seem to find the FCC licenses for the system to search through freqs that way.

The IWN is a federal system and is not licensed through the FCC.
Federal licenses are handled by the NTIA (National Telecommunications and Information Administration) and that data is not available to the general public.
Using a program like PRO96COM should show you all the active frequencies for each site, as that information is passed through the control channel data.

- Chris

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
Well that explains it, I figured it had to be something like that. Also, now that you mention PRO96COM I think I may have heard before that that's the program to use, but not compatible with the SDS200? Maybe it was you before :) Thanks for the info... again, I probably asked the same question before but forgot.

code3kid

All you need entered under frequencies is the control channel. Your scanner will automatically go to any voice channel as directed by the control channel data.

doovenator

Premium Subscriber
All you need entered under frequencies is the control channel. Your scanner will automatically go to any voice channel as directed by the control channel data.
It's that easy? Well I feel like a dummy now. So you do mean on a discover session for the trunked system right? If I just plug in the single control channel frequency to monitor I would just have noise right?

code3kid

Nope not just discover, normal operation. Don’t enter any frequencies other than the red one and dark blue (alternate CC) on radio reference for P25 systems. DMR and NDXN is another story. But I will say I’ve never seen the Burch CC change from 171.6625 since I started monitoring it in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.