Tower fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
And THAT is why you use Plenum Rated Coax inside a building.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Are they running that much power, that it could cause a fire? Or is it sabotage?

The one time I personally witnessed it a new carrier was being added and someone was welding and sparks set the fire.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I dunno, any new cell gear going up here in Canada nowadays is with tower mounted transceivers, the only coax is from the externally mounted transceivers to the panel antennas. Only fibre/CAT6 and power goes from th shack to the top of the tower. The only gear in the shack is power supplies, battery backup and network interface gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I dunno, any new cell gear going up here in Canada nowadays is with tower mounted transceivers, the only coax is from the externally mounted transceivers to the panel antennas. Only fibre/CAT6 and power goes from th shack to the top of the tower. The only gear in the shack is power supplies, battery backup and network interface gear.

Don't want to get too far OT, but locally the only carrier doing that is Sprint. Everyone else (ATT, Verizon, Cricket, T-Mobile) has transceivers on the ground.

Ok, T-Mobile has their 4G transceivers up top, but that's it.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Don't want to get too far OT, but locally the only carrier doing that is Sprint. Everyone else (ATT, Verizon, Cricket, T-Mobile) has transceivers on the ground.

Ok, T-Mobile has their 4G transceivers up top, but that's it.

Wow, I guess since only UMTS/HSPA and LTE are the only stuff being built out here, it's all tower mounted transceivers now.

So much less expensive to run power and CAT6/fibre than 6 330'runs of 1 5/8" hard line...

dkf435

Well something got hot, with the hot dry weather the last 2 weeks we went to IFLP level III around here a few days ago and red flag dispatch levels until 8PM Sunday at least and the large land owners are locking their gates so you can forget hunting until we get the first wetting rain.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.