Tower Frequencies ( Amateur )

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Beside whats on Wcars and Henderson ARES, What other repeters are out there? can any on make me a list and post them or PM me. thank you.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/#q=nc+ham+radio+repeaters

Looks like the NC coordinating council is gone but maybe someone will wake up and come up with the 404 page fix. Keep watch, though, just in case it returns from the black hole. http://nfcc.us/index.php/nfcc-coordinators

Rant on. Webbies should fix broken links and remove old information. Rant off.

HTH.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
yea i know google very well but there tower here that are not listed and I have no clue what pl dcs coding there using.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

It took me about 10 seconds to find the Web site for Henderson ARES. See the blue column on the right side of the home page at http://www.nc4hc.us/. If that web site isn't up to date, contact the county OEM. On the results page of the Google link above, there are several web sites that list the PL tones for the repeaters; Artsci and RepeaterBook are just two examples. I'm not convinced their entries are complete or totally correct, but you have starting points. Ham radio repeaters are also in the RR database; why not verify and submit new info and updates to the current RR listings? As an ex-database manager of our section, I won't comment on SERA's no-list posture... HTH.

Last edited:

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I'm live in weaverville and am finding some repeater but when scanning for tones or dcs there is nun. but when I transmit .6+/- I still get nothing. So I was woundering if there repeater that not list on known site or if a member in the area could send me a list of frequencies for this area. 2m or 70cm bands. That would be nice.

w2xq

Mentor

A couple of quick searches of the results page shows 91.5 PL for quite a few 2m repeaters -- that might be a starting point as a default tone -- and the WCARS site has an Asheville-centric repeater list. You probably know or can find some of the 100+ hams in Weaverville: http://www.city-data.com/aradio/lic-Weaverville-North-Carolina.html and maybe someone can help. Your county or city OEM or EOC official should be a source. Most newer FM transceivers can search for tones; search a range of frequencies with tone disabled first. Some repeaters only have PL on the input (your transmit) frequency. Drive times seems to be busiest around here. Ask your area ARRL rep(s) as listed up front in QST, but don't be surprised if someone suggests buying the annual ARRL Repeater Guide. Go to a hamfest or an area club meeting. Stop in at a Radio Shack or local commercial radio business. There are many ways to skin a cat.

If you build a list of verified repeaters and info for yourself, help others and submit it to RR as I described before. Good luck. HTH.

Last edited:

kc4jgc

It took me about 10 seconds to find the Web site for Henderson ARES. See the blue column on the right side of the home page at NC4HC :: Welcome. If that web site isn't up to date, contact the county OEM. On the results page of the Google link above, there are several web sites that list the PL tones for the repeaters; Artsci and RepeaterBook are just two examples. I'm not convinced their entries are complete or totally correct, but you have starting points. Ham radio repeaters are also in the RR database; why not verify and submit new info and updates to the current RR listings? As an ex-database manager of our section, I won't comment on SERA's no-list posture... HTH.

Yep, there is a downloadable list for printing on the HCARES site. Excellent start. As far as the no posting policy, SERA feels posting repeaters online would defeat the purpose of the listings as printed in the Repeater Journal, which is published quarterly. Being an associate member is reasonable cost.

Quantar22

I'm live in weaverville and am finding some repeater but when scanning for tones or dcs there is nun. but when I transmit .6+/- I still get nothing. So I was woundering if there repeater that not list on known site or if a member in the area could send me a list of frequencies for this area. 2m or 70cm bands. That would be nice.

Something else to consider is a properly implemented repeater does not repeat the input PL tone to the output. It uses PL stripping and gets rid of the tone before it makes it to the transmitter. Also some (several of mine) use split PL on input/output as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.