Tower on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

Looking to make a tower on a budget.... On it would be 4-5 antennas for my CDM's & digital scanners..... I made one out of wood, doesn't look to sightly however... All the antennas are on mag mounts, which are on a metal plate on top.... Looking to do something safer with better looks...

Any suggestions?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Check eham.com for towers. It's possible to buy them around $100.

n9zas

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Look for used towers. A good place to search is on fringe area's of your local TV broadcasting stations. Folks far away from TV transmitters often purchased small 30-35ft TV antenna towers. I've seen people aquire them for free most of the time though you might have to tke it down. Also look on craigs list, I've seen good deals amd free towers on there also.

If you do get a tower you might want to consider loosing those mobile mag mount antennas. There are some inexpensive alternatives or you could make some home brewed antennas.

SCPD

QRT
Look for used towers. A good place to search is on fringe area's of your local TV broadcasting stations. Folks far away from TV transmitters often purchased small 30-35ft TV antenna towers. I've seen people aquire them for free most of the time though you might have to tke it down..

A very good way to get a free tower(or two). I know half a dozen people who have done exactly what Skypilot says. Cruise rural areas that have only had cable in only the last 5-10 years. Plenty of towers for the taking. The homeowners will gladly give it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.