Tower rebanding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRO2006

Do they have to physically go to the towers to reband? Seems like these should be software defined radios and could be done via remote control.

I imagine the cars and pack sets need to be docked somewhere.

W0JJK

They must go each site, reprogram the trunked repeaters to the new channels, and than retune the duplexors or antenna combiners. Than load new system codeplugs in the controllers for the new channels.

Each mobile and portable needs to be reprogrammed with the new channelsh.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The towers require the techs to go to each site yes, you will notice the site goes into "failed" status on pro96com for a couple of hours during this process.

Also each of the users radios have to be touched twice by the programming cable, the first touch has occured system wide and 2nd touch is underway currently in the metro area now especially for the EF Johnson Radios.

Jim<

Last edited:

RodStrong

Technically, many of the radios do not have to be "touched" for them to work on the rebanded freqs, although adding correct regional CCs improves the performance of the radios.

rcvmo

ah. I can't wait for Wave 4 border areas treaties to be lifted.
Then again, I'm pushing for selling my 2 X 800 MHz pairs to the state, and totally re-locate to 450 MHz. A single tower 800 MHz system just does not cut the butter in my area.
rcvmo

Status
Not open for further replies.