Tower sites in Shelby County

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering why there is 4 tower sites showing in Shelby county on the SAFET page map but there's only one site with frequencies on the trunk freq list on RadioReference Data base? There's just the one that says Shelbyville simulcast. Also, was wondering why Jackson and Bartholomew counties groups of frequencies are highlighted in a blue/green color? And what has changed when I read this type statement: (Changed Site # 009 (Nashville (Brown)) to 009 (Nashville (Brown))) Looks same to me.

jerk

Was wondering why there is 4 tower sites showing in Shelby county on the SAFET page map but there's only one site with frequencies on the trunk freq list on RadioReference Data base? There's just the one that says Shelbyville simulcast. Also, was wondering why Jackson and Bartholomew counties groups of frequencies are highlighted in a blue/green color? And what has changed when I read this type statement: (Changed Site # 009 (Nashville (Brown)) to 009 (Nashville (Brown))) Looks same to me.
Labeling difference I think for software...
I gave some site alias information earlier so it might be related to that, but usually it's just a labeling change or re-arrange. There is place on the site that tell what was updated and a reason why.

Shelby is simulcast which means the four towers all use the same frequency.
Search the wiki or Google trunking simulcast for more info.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Correct, the site alias was added to the notes section in the sites info box. The system history does not show that type of "minor" change to the site, just that the site was updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.