Town of Hartford VT Police / Fire Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
I've monitored the Police frequency listed in the database for Hartford, VT:

460.25000 KSU636 RM 295 NAC Hartford PD
Hartford Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch

....for some time and had no hits at all, no station ID morse code...not anything at all. HomePatrol II and telescoping antenna at 900 feet elevation and within the town.

Anyone know if they changed may be? I did look up all frequencies licensed to the town and will try those as well.

Thanks.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Any info here folks? Like to know what frequency/system Hartford PD is operating on along with Fire. I hear ambulance calls only, no Police activity on the frequency above whatsoever.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Did you try monitoring them in conventional mode or at least NAC search mode. 293 is a default NAC for P25, 295 seems odd (not saying it isn't correct, just stands out to me)

chris

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
NAC

Good suggestion...I do not believe I have tried that...using a Uniden SDS-100 here....will switch to search from fixed NAT on that channel and see.

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
NAC Search Negative

2 Days with the PD frequency in NAC Search mode with audio type set to digital and audio.....no hits at all.

MB

Feed Provider

jimlawrence

Not sure where I got this from but my records show Hartford PD using 453.9000, $649. But I could be wrong about that. Let me know if you hear anything.....

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jim! I will check that out....I am immediately hearing calls at S9+20 with that NAC of $649. I've set my Icom R-8600 to record any audio there and will let you know if I can confirm. Very much appreciate your input!
Phil

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
That's it Jim!! Well done, confirmed. Police dispatch and fire/ambulance automated tones broadcast there as well apparently.

Last edited:

jimlawrence

Hey, Phil, You might want to check to see if you're also hearing Norwich PD on that frequency, too? I noticed Norwich has a license for that frequency in the FCC's database.

While we're at it, is Woodstock PD still using 460.1000?

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
I have my Icom R-8600 set for NAC 649 to hear just Hartford, and I am hearing them quite well there and mobile on the SDS-100. If Norwich is also using that frequency, I don;t expect I'll hear them.

As for Woodstock, they are still using 460.100, however they seems to sometimes be using NAC/P25 and other times to be just FM in the clear.

jimlawrence

My recollection is that Hartford used to dispatch Norwich units. Are you hearing two sets of unit numbers on that freq.? Or addresses that are located in Norwich?

Thanks for the update on Woodstock, Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.