Town of Hempstead

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomanNJ1

I see there was a change update to the Town of Hempstead trunksystem, but there is no system listed in the RR database other than some TG's on the Nassau Co. EDACS system. Is there a separate system or is it just the Nassau system?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Hempstead is getting their own TRS. Since it is operational, and the police plan on switching over to it by this Friday, I will bring it online.

73s

Ron

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Ron,
Someone on my site tipped that it was a Digital / Encrypted system. I'm just wondering if that claim holds any water. I'm wondering if they just heard the control channel with their Pro-106 and assumed it was encrypted because their radio couldn't "decode" it.

I also see you updated the database, and you've marked it as Digital "Other".

Also - I assume that each transmitter site has one control channel? Or do all channels work together?

Either way - great info on the trunk system. I was expecting a bunch of repeated conventional channels.. Time to switch my logging program over to that system :)

EDIT - I just put 471.650 in my BCD996T and my PRO-2096. I do hear the occasional data bursts, but no decode.

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

I suspect that it is similar to an LTR TRS. This system is licensed for Mototrbo digital data and voice modulation. Moreover, I believe you need to have the correct LCNs for this system. However, if everything is Mototrbo, it might be a moot point.

73s

Ron

radiomanNJ1

Thanks for the updates. Is this for the Village or the Town. The Town does not have it's own PD. The Village has it's overworked PD.
The Town has a Department of Public Safety which is not a police agency.

Keep up the hunt and the sharing of the info.

Thunderbolt

Thanks for the updates. Is this for the Village or the Town. The Town does not have it's own PD. The Village has it's overworked PD.
The Town has a Department of Public Safety which is not a police agency.

Keep up the hunt and the sharing of the info.

From what I gather, it will be used for both entities. Likewise, neighboring communities are looking at switching over to this system down the road. It will be interesting so see how this pans out over the next several months.

73s

Ron

radiomanNJ1

The Town and the Village don't talk to each other. The Town does not have a police dept. only a Dept. of public safety what ever they do but definitely not police

Where did you get the information that others will "switch" over to this system?

Thunderbolt

The Town and the Village don't talk to each other. The Town does not have a police dept. only a Dept. of public safety what ever they do but definitely not police

Where did you get the information that others will "switch" over to this system?

This information came from an inside source at the Village PD, who is a command officer, but wishes not to be named. However, they were very sincere about what was said.

Since other nearby communities are "looking" at this system, doesn't mean that they have signed an actual contract to buy into it. Nevertheless, many communities are often designing radio system today with "interoperability" in mind, which includes sharing resources with your neighbors. Likewise, by bringing neighboring communities online, would help to reduce the overall costs of the new radio system by spreading it among other entities.

73s

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.