Town of Palm Beach PD/FD - did they switch systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
I haven't listened to Town of Palm Beach PD/FD (on the City of West Palm Beach's TRS) for about a month or two and last Thursday or Friday when I was working "on the island" I unlocked that "system group quick key" on my Uniden and hardly heard a thing. The only PD traffic I heard was a bike unit coming in service and a dispatcher told the officer to switch to another channel position on the radio. Nothing after that.

I didn't hear any FD activity except for a two-tone pager type without any announcement, just the two tones.

I had the system scanning for about 2 hours with only the above two transmissions.

I have all of their (known) TG's programmed in the radio (and unlocked) and these TG's have worked well in the past so I was wondering if the Town went M/A-Com like PB Gardens, or to different TG's on the WPB TRS, or finally decided to try out the PBC TRS.
Anybody got better info than mine??
\/ern

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
The city of West Palm Beach had issues with their system late last week and they spent a lot of time on the County system as a back-up for al least Fire. They should be back now on the West Palm TRS.

gcr33

They should be on the county system full time and stop screwing around with the West Palm Beach system.
Better coverage is the best benefit. A well run system is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.