Town of Stonington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowscout

Did the Town of Stonington change or upgrade their radios and frequecies? Someone I know says he can no longer hear them and thinks he may have to upgrade his gear to hear them.

Last edited:

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Well when did your friend stop hearing them? The database does not show any new freqs or changed freqs for the Town of Stonington.

snowscout

Well when did your friend stop hearing them? The database does not show any new freqs or changed freqs for the Town of Stonington.

Heard them on 155.520 and 155.7550 yesterday 01/05

He has heard very little on the 155 frequencies. He heard that they may be transitioning to 800 MHz. I don't know. I have not heard them in the 800 range but will spend some free time to listen and see what comes up. I wanted to see if anybody here has any info.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The four fire departments in Stonington should still be on their VHF frequencies. I was with a member from Pawcatuck on Sunday. EMS should also still be on VHF high band also. I think they still tone out over 33.680 (broadcast of the VHF). As for PD (town and borough) I am not sure, never heard anything about going to 800 MHz.

Also Pawcatuck gets dispatched by Westerly, RI (see thier frequency in the RI db). while the Borough, Quambaug and Wequequock <sp> are through the borough dispatch, though rumors of Groton Fire Alarm have been floating around too.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
The four fire departments in Stonington should still be on their VHF frequencies. I was with a member from Pawcatuck on Sunday. EMS should also still be on VHF high band also. I think they still tone out over 33.680 (broadcast of the VHF). As for PD (town and borough) I am not sure, never heard anything about going to 800 MHz.

Also Pawcatuck gets dispatched by Westerly, RI (see thier frequency in the RI db). while the Borough, Quambaug and Wequequock <sp> are through the borough dispatch, though rumors of Groton Fire Alarm have been floating around too.

Joe,

If memory serves, Quiambaug is dispatched by GFA as is Stonington ambulance unless things have changed from a few months ago.

B.K.

Schoolcop

Quiambaug, Stonington Borough and Wequetequuck Fire depts are dispatched by Station T Stonington on 155.755MHz and 33.68Mhz. The Stonington Ambulance is dispatched by Groton Fire Alarm on 159.4575Mhz. The Pawcatuck Fire Dept is on 154.445Mhz and is dispatched by Westerly Dispatch. The Stonington Police are on 155.520Mhz and from what I have heard are not planning on going to 800MHz. Hope this helps.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
BK, Schoolcop is right. Only SEMS is dispatch by GFA right now. There has been talk of Quaimbaug going over to to GFA instead but I haven't heard anything else as of yet. Station T is actually the police dispatch and I gues there were some problems. I'll search The Day and Norwich Bulletin papers on line for the stories. Nothing has changed so far on the fire side.

Status
Not open for further replies.