Toying with an idea of selling SDS200 and going SDS100

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Hope you don't get one with the bad solder gap on the circuit board. Buy it from a Dealer that allows a return for full refund just to be safe.
That and the swollen battery issue is keeping me on the fence. Never heard of one battery issue on the Icom R30. Uniden went cheap on the battery for the SDS100. Still keeping an eye out for another R30 though.

WM7C

Premium Subscriber
I had a strong signal from my SDS100 go in and out last night. I thought it was the Remtronix antenna, so switched antennas. Still did it. I am considering returning since I just bought it, but on day one I bought NXDN and DMR. :( I might sell my 536 and return the SDS100 to by an SDS200. Heck, I was happy with the 125, but no 800 MHz. These HP scanners are sloooooow.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
That and the swollen battery issue is keeping me on the fence. Never heard of one battery issue on the Icom R30. Uniden went cheap on the battery for the SDS100. Still keeping an eye out for another R30 though.
I run my SDS100 daily 2018 vintage and have never had a battery issue or solder problem!

WM7C

Premium Subscriber
I had a strong signal from my SDS100 go in and out last night. I thought it was the Remtronix antenna, so switched antennas. Still did it. I am considering returning since I just bought it, but on day one I bought NXDN and DMR. :( I might sell my 536 and return the SDS100 to by an SDS200. Heck, I was happy with the 125, but no 800 MHz. These HP scanners are sloooooow.
Well, my problem was that Close Call was on with priority. Scanning is still slow compared to non HP Uniden scanners, but the convenience of having the database there is worth it. I now have a 536 too.

Marky102770

Am toying with this idea. Have always had handheld radios. The SDS200 is my 1st base station since the 80’s. If I do this, can sell my SDS200 and my 436. But have so questions to find out if this will work for me. Here goes.
1. Can the SDS100 do everything including reception that the SDS200 can do? At home, it will be hooked up to my outdoor discone Using proscan.
2. if I order a new SDS100, I want one that been built within the last cycle uniden built it. One of my main reasons for not buying one is the cold solder joint issue which I have read has been fixed on newer models. How can I insure I get a newer model and not some old stock?
3. when home, want to run 24/7. Any issues running 24/7?
4. Plan on using an external battery when on the road. I know it cannot record doing this. Any other issue using an external battery?
5. Is the battery swelling issue fixed yet?
Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks.
All I can say about the SDS200 and SDS100 is the audio on the SDS200 is way better, louder and more clear than it is on the SDS100. The reception is a little better on the 200 as well.

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
Am surprised you’re allowed to buy anything with that worthless president you have up there.
I motion that people be reprimanded and written up with threat of temporary suspension for bringing politics on to the RR forums. Those in favor say I. That filth doesn't belong on a radio forum and there are other places on the web where you can discuss it. And I for one will not see this place degrade into cesspool of ill will.

Last edited:

trp2525

Sold my 436 so now debating on getting the SDS100. Going to search for the cheapest and go from there.
Walcott Radio currently has the SDS100 for $649.99 (like just about everywhere else) BUT if you use the coupon code FALLISHERE at checkout, you will get $40 off your order of $400 or more. That makes your price for a brand-new SDS100 $609.99 which is one of the lowest prices (if not THE lowest) you will find at this time.

Note: The $40 off coupon code is good through September 30th.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Walcott Radio currently has the SDS100 for $649.99 (like just about everywhere else) BUT if you use the coupon code FALLISHERE at checkout, you will get $40 off your order of $400 or more. That makes your price for a brand-new SDS100 $609.99 which is one of the lowest prices (if not THE lowest) you will find at this time.

Note: The $40 off coupon code is good through September 30th.
Also want to add, MTCRadio every now and then will have a good price on the SDS100/200.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
I motion that people be reprimanded and written up with threat of temporary suspension for bringing politics on to the RR forums. Those in favor say I. That filth doesn't belong on a radio forum and there are other places on the web where you can discuss it. And I for one will not see this place degrade into cesspool of ill will.
Most of the political trolling is just a 'misery loves company' mentality. They get their 'jollies', when people respond. Use the ignore function on here as you would on a radio. LOL

EMS911

Premium Subscriber