• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Toyota Yaris Mobile Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Recently bought a new car, a Toyota Yaris. Needless to say, there is next to NO options for a mobile mounting setup. I could try a side console mount for my 2096, but this would require the passenger seat to be pushed back all the way, and though I don't have a lot of passengers I am not liking this option. I'm thinking I'll need to go with some form of handheld mount for either a 246T or a 96. I want something strong and sturdy. I have found this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Floor-Scann...hZ007QQcategoryZ40979QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know of some other places I can find mounts like this? Does anyone have personal experience with this type of setup, and can you provide some feedback and possibly some pictures? Lastly, and pardon my ignorance, but is it safe to simply loosen a seatbolt and attatch this kind of mount? Is there any sensor that would tie into the airbag if the seatbolt is tampered with? Loosening a screw and mounting this seems easy, but with today's vehicles I'm very leery of trying something like this without knowing of possible consequences. Thanks for any help.

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
mount this!

Looks like a simple enough install... and no the airbag won't deploy if you loosen the seatbolt. And for 20 bucks, if you hate it... no big deal.

I actually bought a "cupholder" mount for my ipod from the same guy after looking at the post you made. So, thanks for pointing me in his direction.

kc7vtr

I bought one of these. It works well enough although it is a bit wobbly. As long as I rest it against the console it remains steady. It's made by Arkon ( http://arkon.com/ ).

junior17172003 said:
Hello,
Recently bought a new car, a Toyota Yaris. Needless to say, there is next to NO options for a mobile mounting setup. I could try a side console mount for my 2096, but this would require the passenger seat to be pushed back all the way, and though I don't have a lot of passengers I am not liking this option. I'm thinking I'll need to go with some form of handheld mount for either a 246T or a 96. I want something strong and sturdy. I have found this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Floor-Scann...hZ007QQcategoryZ40979QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
kc7vtr said:
I bought one of these. It works well enough although it is a bit wobbly. As long as I rest it against the console it remains steady. It's made by Arkon ( http://arkon.com/ ).

I too have bought one of those mounts off of e-bay (made by Arkon). and it works great on my Pro-96...not even a wobble from mine. The bendable neck portion is very sturdy and made of metal. The "holder" is plastic and feels flimsy, but, after having it for about a year now, still works fine. It is a very good option for handhelds if you don't want to take up any cup-holder room.

Use the Arkon link above, as they have a wide variety of holders and mounts. You might find something more to your liking.

denseglow

I agree with you junior. *shakes head* It's sad to me, this is a radio website. A person asks for help, which is what this site is for, to help each other out. And someone has enough audacity to comment about his foriegn choice of vehicle. I am also installing a mobile radio soon, I'll post in another thread tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.