TPS and PEEL PS monitored from Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Just wanted to let those who may be interested know that I was monitoring TPS South and Peel Region Public Safety from my hotel room on the outskirts of Buffalo.:eek:
I'm vacationing near I-90 & Rte.78 (Transit Rd.) This didn't happen until at least 10:45 last night. Tor EMS , 4880 , 4672, 20016 were the most frequent talk groups .
As for Peel , TG 80 ,34732, 36080 were seen. There is enough action in Erie Co. let alone being able to catch some of the action from home. :cool:

For those in the GTA , monitor the 424's and 425's for ERIE Co. fire and ambulance. You will be suprised to hear them from TO. (I have)

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
yes i have got Erie stuff from Mississauga rather clear.. Its all about the equipment you use, mostly good antennas make our world go around.. :)

VE3RADIO

I listen to Buffalo EMS on a nightly basis, i also listen to the sheriff dispatch for both Erie and Niagara County. If tropo is good you can pickup both Orleans county and Monroe County (Rochester) .. even the Rochester police. Most of their stuff is conventional.. add it to your scanner and you might be surprised. Buffalo EMS is great.. some young punk shoots himself in the leg at least once a week.

mciupa

Back home in TO. Just remembered that you can hear Grand Island Fire on 453.5125.

hypersight

Back home in TO. Just remembered that you can hear Grand Island Fire on 453.5125.

Actually I was just picking Grand Ild FD this morning as I was arriving for work in Mississauaga. I've been hearing a bunch of other PDs from NY state in the 460 range. Bands have been opening nicely lately.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Yes some i pickup real clean then other i only can get dispatch perfect but the cars are weak....
I grab Niagara County Sheriff real clean along with a few in Erie County Evans and Amherst But i don't really get Buffalo very well

VE3RADIO

Yes some i pickup real clean then other i only can get dispatch perfect but the cars are weak....
I grab Niagara County Sheriff real clean along with a few in Erie County Evans and Amherst But i don't really get Buffalo very well

Funny you should say.. i get the same thing... Amherst, Niagara, Tonnawanda etc come in clean.. I believe.. but could be wrong.. Buffalo EMS also covers some of those outer area's as they only have a couple major medical centers in the area.. Kalida Care and ECMC..

if you look at a map.. the counties easiest to get are north east of Buffalo.. and that makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.