TPS HQ frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

v65magnafan

TPS radio broadcasts "HQ" activity on non-trunked frequencies. There's an HQ frequency for each district.

I think that these "HQ" freqs are for underground/TTC use, but I'm not sure. At times the transmissions do not correspond to the regular divisional bands.

Am I correct? Is there any info you can add about the HQ freqs?

Thanks in advance for any info.

VE3RADIO

TPS radio broadcasts "HQ" activity on non-trunked frequencies. There's an HQ frequency for each district.

I think that these "HQ" freqs are for underground/TTC use, but I'm not sure. At times the transmissions do not correspond to the regular divisional bands.

Am I correct? Is there any info you can add about the HQ freqs?

Thanks in advance for any info.

5HQ carries the 52 div talkgroup and 3HQ carries 33 Div Talkgroup

v65magnafan

Yes. Agreed. At times, the HQ transmissions do not seem to correspond the trunked divisional bands. Also, they seem to carry more TTC-police calls.
And, most of the time, they are inactive.

Any more info on them? Do they exist for non-trunking radios? Underground repeaters?

Tx.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There is one HQ per District (5 in total).

5HQ is permanently patched with 52 Division, and is what the transit units use. They're not part of 52 Division (they're out of Traffic Services), however a good portion of the subway system (and certainly the busiest) runs through 52 Division.

The other channels are patched as need be for police use in the subway. IE, if an officer needs to go into say, Dufferin Station, they'll patch it in with 1HQ.

Ambulance used to use 2HQ however they're now on their own channel.

Every police radio has access to these channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.