TPS Map and legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr8

I thought some of you might be interested in this for reference purposes.
i have a nice color copy on some glossy photo paper above my desk! ;)

If your interested in orig file, PM me with your email and ill send you a copy.

Attachments

• TPS 2004 Color_sm.JPG
    TPS 2004 Color_sm.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,916

Pyr8

Ok...I just created a new Yahoo Group just for Emergency Services ref Maps!
For those of you that Pm'd me, I have sent you an invite to join the group. You can find the files in the "files" section!

If you have any maps to add, please feel free to do so and remember to add them to the correct section. If the folder does not exist for your province or state, please create one and add another folder within it for your specific township, city, ETC clearly stating EMS, Police or Fire!

Let’s try to keep it as organized as possible please!

If you would like to join the group, you can do so by sending an email to esmr-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or via the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esmr/

Last edited:

Pyr8

rhutch said:
That map is in the files section of the scanont yahoo group.

Ahh...I was trying to remeber ware i got it from in the first place!!!

Anyhow, what im trying to do is create a one stop shop for maps of its kind.

rhutch

There is also a TFD map there and OPP Fleetnet Maps. Why not just make that the one stop shop as they already exist and have the Maps?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Peel doesn't play well with us and don't want to share their maps... Maybe their afraid we actually may know where their talking about in their calls... :D

pathalogical

Speaking of maps, does anyone use a street map to look up addresses when they are called out ? You know, to get a better idea of where police, fire and ems are going. Especially when the police is setting up a perimiter to contain a suspect. I have a little project in mind but the huge MapArt laminated wall map is way to big. They do make an EasyFinder folded map but it's not the complete map of Toronto, anything north of the 401 is cut off. Rand McNally also makes a FastTrack folded laminated, but it's the same thing, a cut version of TO. Both offer custom maps, but that may mean $$$. I want it to be laminated. Not sure about Perlys. Any ideas, suggestions, other map manufacturers ?

wyldman

I am in the process of having a couple of huge maps done by a buddy of mine at a digital imaging company.They will be covering the walls in my radio room.I will have Peel (1 for Brampton,1 for Mississauga),Toronto,and Ontario.

I can have more done,but they aren't cheap.

jellotor

pathalogical said:
Speaking of maps, does anyone use a street map to look up addresses when they are called out ? You know, to get a better idea of where police, fire and ems are going. Especially when the police is setting up a perimiter to contain a suspect. I have a little project in mind but the huge MapArt laminated wall map is way to big. They do make an EasyFinder folded map but it's not the complete map of Toronto, anything north of the 401 is cut off. Rand McNally also makes a FastTrack folded laminated, but it's the same thing, a cut version of TO. Both offer custom maps, but that may mean $$$. I want it to be laminated. Not sure about Perlys. Any ideas, suggestions, other map manufacturers ?

If I really need to know where something is happening, I use Microsoft Streets & Trips. At work we use a combination of MapArt books and Mapquest.

slipslope

You can't beat google maps for this purpose. Just type in a street address and get an instant aerial photo of the scene complete with streets marked. (click "hybrid" in the top right corner for this feature)

http://maps.google.ca

pathalogical

jellotor said:
If I really need to know where something is happening, I use Microsoft Streets & Trips. At work we use a combination of MapArt books and Mapquest.
MapArt books are the best ! Online MapQuest sucks ! I never did like MapQuest, they just look like cartoon drawings. Besides, I'm not in front of my PC all the time.

Also, when the fire dept is instructed to refer to "map page...", are these special maps just for the dept ? Actually, I don't think they say 'page 5' but more like Alpha 6 Bravo 4.

wyldman,
As I mentioned, custom ain't cheap. I don't need a big wall map, just a convinient size but also laminated. Out of curiosity, how big are each of your maps and how much ?

wyldman

The maps that they refer to are all special maps that they have created.If your lucky,you may be able to stop by a local station,and get the old pages they throw out when updated ones come in.This happens quite a bit in areas where there is a lot of construction,and new streets are being added all the time.You could also ask to borrow a spare,and photocopy it.You need to find a friendly firefighter though,most won't give you the time of day once you start asking about the technical stuff.

The maps I am having done are quite large.Two are 23X8,one is 14X8,and the other is 10X8.It is a close friend who I do computer work for,so I am getting them done no charge.Normally this kind of stuff goes for $6 a sq\ft and up.I'd probably be looking well over $2000 to have it done.The problem we are having is getting a good enough original to use.Most of the stuff is too low resolution to be blown up that big.If anyone has any good high res maps (in EPS or TIFF),I'd love to have them.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well maybe if someone has all the patrol zone boundaries we can make a high-res version. The division boundaries are all on TPS's website, but it doesn't make any mention of patrol zones.

pathalogical

wyldman said:
The maps that they refer to are all special maps that they have created.If your lucky,you may be able to stop by a local station,and get the old pages they throw out when updated ones come in.This happens quite a bit in areas where there is a lot of construction,and new streets are being added all the time.You could also ask to borrow a spare,and photocopy it.You need to find a friendly firefighter though,most won't give you the time of day once you start asking about the technical stuff.

The maps I am having done are quite large.Two are 23X8,one is 14X8,and the other is 10X8.It is a close friend who I do computer work for,so I am getting them done no charge.Normally this kind of stuff goes for $6 a sq\ft and up.I'd probably be looking well over $2000 to have it done.The problem we are having is getting a good enough original to use.Most of the stuff is too low resolution to be blown up that big.If anyone has any good high res maps (in EPS or TIFF),I'd love to have them.
Two maps at 23 x 8 feet !!! Plus the others ! Just how big is your shack ? You're gonna have to post some pics. My basement shack is 13' x 16', sounds like you're doing a wrap around the room thing.

The fire dept maps, would they include things like hydrant locations, buried cables or something that might escalate a fire like gas lines ?

wyldman

It is my rec room\shack combined.Maps will look pretty cool on the walls,and it will cover the foam I am using to help quiet the room.I have several computers set up for trunker\control channel monitoring,and PDW as well.I like to have room,not squashed at a little desk.I have my projector\screen and sound system down there as well for movies and TV watching.

The room is actually 26 feet long,but gotta have room for doors. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.