Tracker III - Beta V0.6.0 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumba

Premium Subscriber
Nice!

One thing noticed so far, the ID List dialog needs to be changed to a real window dialog. disable the system/control menus and min/max if needed, but we need to be able to drag & drop it, which is impossible without the main title bar at the top.

I'll toy around more and find out other things.

Edit:

Got this in a debug window, too:

Code:
000:10:55.621  BCSendIV - Timeout (GLG)
000:10:57.344  --> KEY,P,P®
000:10:57.352  <-- KEY,OK®
000:10:58.273  --> KEY,P,P®
000:10:58.281  <-- KEY,OK®
000:14:45.543  Application Error!
Error: Response:KEY,OK
        Error (9): Index was outside the bounds of the array.
        Module: modUnidenIV   Routine: GetFrequencyIV
ID Tracker III - V0.6.0 Beta
000:14:54.135  BCSendIV - Timeout (GLG)

Last edited:

brscanning

Nice!

One thing noticed so far, the ID List dialog needs to be changed to a real window dialog. disable the system/control menus and min/max if needed, but we need to be able to drag & drop it, which is impossible without the main title bar at the top.

I am not totally sure if I understand this. I kind of understand the "real window dialog" but I am missing something with the drag & drop. Could you elaborate? Also, why would you want min/max on the control and ID List dialogs? Not being critical but trying to understand what you are going for.

brscanning

Not sure if it was an oversight or if it's not included, but does this software support the BC246T?

ID Tracker will not support this scanner. The BC246T is missing one of the commands (GLG) in it's protocol that is necessary for ID Tracker to support the scanner. All of the supported Uniden scanners using the newer protocol provide this command.

I have added this note into the ID Tracker FAQ.

SCPD

QRT
Hi David,

IDT3 is working pretty good for me.

I'm only having one issue - with the system control buttons not updating in real-time. Is this a known problem?

I'm using 396XT via COM4 @ 115200 baud.

Example of how to reproduce:

I have banks 1 thru 10 occupied. I think the problem is one having one bank active and then turning that bank off. So the scanner is in the "Nothing to Scan mode" and IDT3 is a bit confused.

And then if you say, "Stop tracking"... and try to resume, the System control bar doesn't function.

brscanning

Hi David,

IDT3 is working pretty good for me.

I'm only having one issue - with the system control buttons not updating in real-time. Is this a known problem?

I'm using 396XT via COM4 @ 115200 baud.

Example of how to reproduce:

I have banks 1 thru 10 occupied. I think the problem is one having one bank active and then turning that bank off. So the scanner is in the "Nothing to Scan mode" and IDT3 is a bit confused.

And then if you say, "Stop tracking"... and try to resume, the System control bar doesn't function.

The System Control will not update in real time since the only way to get the status is to wait for the system information to be displayed on the scanner. There is no other way that I am aware of to get the status of the systems.

I will look at making ID Tracker behave a little better when nothing is selected for scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.