Trackscan TS440

Tomcatsrock

Please let me know if there's a better thread for this. Tried to pick up an RE3000 quick but Racing Electronics said they were oos until end of the month. Another forum mentioned that a Track Scan TS440 could have a firmware update that would essentially make it an RE3000. RE confirmed that fact yesterday and asked me to call back today for a contact that would do the update. So I picked up a TS440 on eBay only to be informed today by RE that they got rid of their server that was required to do the firmware update. I know it's usable as is, but does anybody know if somewhere, some place the update can still be accomplished?

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
I'd have to say most likely not. RE and Trackscan were the only ones with the programming capabilities on that model. Software and equipment to program either were never available to public. Both are made by same company overseas(can't remember off hand look it up by fcc id) The trackscan versions case was more durable. I was told samething about my trackscan firmware few months back.I wonder if the programming software for the ts440 specificly if they don't have it anymore?

Last edited:

Racefan

Premium Subscriber
Don't think it does everytime i take my trackscan scanner to the track it will not update

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
One thing I want to try.. I want to go into the 440 manually change the 450 freq to 460? (I may have those swapped) One is RE other is Trackscan ota. 450.000 and 460.000.That may possibly work. I was told The ota is a repeater. I didn't find both sides in and out when searching once. I'm willing to bet the ota is simplex. Another thing I have forgot to do is record the ota so data radio ham geeks could tell me what mode it is.

gormana99

One thing I want to try.. I want to go into the 440 manually change the 450 freq to 460? (I may have those swapped) One is RE other is Trackscan ota. 450.000 and 460.000.That may possibly work. I was told The ota is a repeater. I didn't find both sides in and out when searching once. I'm willing to bet the ota is simplex. Another thing I have forgot to do is record the ota so data radio ham geeks could tell me what mode it is.
Did you have any luck with this? I too have a track scan unit that I would love to be able to update to OTA program like the RE3000.

Only workaround I can think of is if the programming in the trackscan unit is set to monitor a different frequency for programming would be to repeat the data to the appropriate frequency while at the track using ham radio gear.

Where did you find the info on what frequency the programming data is broadcast on?

gormana99

Just to follow up on this. I believe Racing Electronics may broadcast their OTA programming on 451.7750. They have licenses for this frequency at many many of the tracks. Found that info in the fcc database.

Now, anyone able to find any old license info on TrackScan? I am not having any luck yet

Racefan

Premium Subscriber
Racing Electronics OTA programming is 460.0000 no tone
Trackscan used to use 450.0000 but they went out of business

Racefan

Premium Subscriber
If you want to program the trackscan scanner you will have to do it manually,
even if you change the freq to 460.0000
ota for the trackscan scanner stop working about 2 years ago
about the same time nascar brought racing electronics
i have both scanner and the only one i can program ota is the re3000

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
451.7750 is not ota. Re3000 has 450.000 programmed

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
Racing Electronics OTA programming is 460.0000 no tone
Trackscan used to use 450.0000 but they went out of business
Both 450 and 460 is what I've seen. Back when the trackscan Re mergers occurred they would update trackscan to a dif firmware. They no longer update the firm ware in the trackscan.