Tradepoint Rail Terminal Baltimore County MD fequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfThought

Land, waters, sky...an entire universe to monitor!
Premium Subscriber
I've been searching for Tradepoint Rail radio frequencies but found nothing listed. Are they using the old Patapsco & Back River frequencies or they have new and seperate license...searched under Licenses and got zip. Am I looking in the wrong place or just not updated yet?

tradepoint rail.JPG

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I've been searching for Tradepoint Rail radio frequencies but found nothing listed. Are they using the old Patapsco & Back River frequencies or they have new and seperate license...searched under Licenses and got zip. Am I looking in the wrong place or just not updated yet?

Being a private business, they may not use railroad frequencies, but VHF or UHF business frequencies instead. And looking at the license you posted (WQWB500), that appears to be exactly the case (their frequencies are on the license).

Last edited:

TrainsOfThought

Land, waters, sky...an entire universe to monitor!
Premium Subscriber
It is also Digital Mobile Radio and not analog, so unless you have a digital capable scanner, you will most likely not hear anything but digital noises.

Thanks for pointing that out Dispatcher. I spent more time looking up and understanding the FCC License/callsign frequency service codes and now see where digital is the operating mode. I have plenty of work setting up current analog scanner projects. Tradepoint Rail is a possible future project under the horizon so by that time it may be an excuse to buy ANOTHER radio, and finally dip my toes into learning the wild & wonderful modern digital world.

spanky15805

Sparrows Point was all Bethlehem Steel in the past. Could it be under derivative of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.