traffic cams in broken arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardMorris

Premium Subscriber
The cameras appear to be wireless. I know everyone is going to say they can't be recieved, but humor me. What frequency do they use and what mode of transmission?

Same question on any cameras by other agencies in the area. (highway cams on BA expressway, on the turnpikes, etc.)

tkjr4160

I didn't know that site was up. How long has it been around? I was wondering when they were going to put the ODOT cameras online.

Thanks,

Terry

robynsjw

Couple of months, maybe. They didn't have very many cameras when I saw the first newspaper article about it, but it seems to have more cameras and working better. Except right now it seems to be having problems. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

RichardMorris

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate this link (it's great), but the question is still unanswered on Broken Arrows cameras and Tulsa's cameras. (i.e. the ones sitting on the traffic light supports).

Also of interest would be surveillance cameras that are sitting around. (Walmart, Quicktrip, etc.) I bet a lot of these aren't wired, but wireless.

Pikepass cams?

Do cops have wireless video bugs?

tiawah466

I appreciate this link (it's great), but the question is still unanswered on Broken Arrows cameras and Tulsa's cameras. (i.e. the ones sitting on the traffic light supports).

Also of interest would be surveillance cameras that are sitting around. (Walmart, Quicktrip, etc.) I bet a lot of these aren't wired, but wireless.

Pikepass cams?

Do cops have wireless video bugs?

The ones on the traffic lights are not cameras, they are the sensors for the lights. They are mounted on the lights instead of being in the road now.

RichardMorris

Premium Subscriber
All the intersections on 71st East from Memorial are cameras, not sensors. What's more, the intersections have a microwave dish that points west.

I do know what cameras look like. And the intersection at 81st and highway 51 has cameras all 4 directions.

So, the question stands, what frequency?

EDACS-Master

Cameras

The cameras you are talking about are optical loop detectors, instead of using loop detecting wire in the asphalt, many cities are switching to optical loop cameras at intersections. They are far better plus if the road had to be torn up for overlay, repairs etc. they will not have to go back and replace all of the loop wire that has been torn out.

RichardMorris

Premium Subscriber
Well, I feel kinda stupid on that. I guess I am about 10 years behind in the technology. So they are cameras, but in a mode that is detecting a difference in the picture taken.

What are the dishes used for on the intersections between Memorial and Mingo on 71st? Those all point basically horizontal and west.

EDACS-Master

Dishes

The dishes at the location you described are being utilized by the traffice department for tulsa, to my understanding they are using it forback haul of traffic light data information at this time. It also can be used for a high speed network link for users as well. I hope this helps a bit.

roxcomrox

NO. They trained us how to wiggle our nose just right like the Bewitched girl. That's how it's really done, but don't tell anyone that. :)

You owe me a new keyboard. I just spit my cherry sprite all over it. I however do know that my recent tour of troop b hq they had about 20 more cameras than what are available on that website including the amber alert signs and a few others like 71st and hwy 75 both NB and SB. Anyone that has not had a tour in a few years should try to get one its a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.