Traffic Helicopter - 450.2875

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Don't know if this has been covered here before or not, but was doing what I call a "segment search" from 450Mhz to 470Mhz and came across what sounded like someone checking traffic above I-294. After listening for a few minutes, I determined it was for WBBM 780AM.

It made for some pretty interesting listening. Heard a lot of "behind the scenes" chatter. Talking about a couple of state troopers going eastbound at "about 100mph," possibly towards a crash he flew over a few minutes before.

This is one I'll put in my "favorites" scanlist for my PSR310. Should be good listening during both the morning and afternoon "rush hour" commutes.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Don't know if this has been covered here before or not, but was doing what I call a "segment search" from 450Mhz to 470Mhz and came across what sounded like someone checking traffic above I-294. After listening for a few minutes, I determined it was for WBBM 780AM.

It made for some pretty interesting listening. Heard a lot of "behind the scenes" chatter. Talking about a couple of state troopers going eastbound at "about 100mph," possibly towards a crash he flew over a few minutes before.

This is one I'll put in my "favorites" scanlist for my PSR310. Should be good listening during both the morning and afternoon "rush hour" commutes.

One possible reason that this hasn't been talked about much here is that 'remote pick-up' freqs used by broadcasters have been designated as off limits when it comes to monitoring. The ECPA (Electronic Communication Privacy Act) of 1986 made it illegal to listen to cellular, PCS, pagers, remote broadcast and anything encrypted. Cordless (as opposed to wireless/cellular) phones and baby monitors were later added to this list.

For a list of the broadcasters' freq that you're not supposed to monitor, go here Chicago Area Media Frequencies or here Section

FWIW...

Status
Not open for further replies.