Traffic helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWF

Plug this into your scanner for some interesting listening.122.7750.Whenever there is a big incident going on and you see the news copters all hovering together you can here some pretty cool chit-chat among the pilots.During an incident where a suspect was wholed up in a house and the cops were waiting for a negotiator they notified the copters to move away because they were making to much noise.The pilots were instantly giving each other a hard time as to who's copter was the noisy one,"couldn't be me,I'm in whisper mode." commented one pilot.They sound like the're having a blast doing their job!

AuntBee09

I'll have to check that out. I know they have one channel which they all talk to one another one. thanx for the freq! :)

RWF

Yeah,it's pretty cool.Especially during morning rush hour,you can here them checking with each other to see where they're at,"heading south from Kent on the east side of 167",then you'll here another guy say "I got ya",stuff like that.

AuntBee09

I heard them today talking to each other on that channel you gave! They (the "traffic" helicopters) talk on 118.3 to air traffic dispatchers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.