Traill Cty - Digital or Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davephoto

The Traill County sheriff has their frequency listed as both P25 and FM – does anyone know if they are using just one or both for dispatch?

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I can't say for sure, but with the surrounding counties having a mix of digital and analog, my guess would be they are using both(Simulcasting to aid in interop.)

davephoto

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm getting an analog scanner set up for a journalist friend and would hate to have him purchase an expensive trunking scanner when it isn't needed.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Well, just let him know, simulcasting is just the last step before going full digital.

So tell him to start saving up.

Last edited:

jmurphy7411

Your recommendation to your friend..

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm getting an analog scanner set up for a journalist friend and would hate to have him purchase an expensive trunking scanner when it isn't needed.

I would recommend to your friend that they start saving for and get a scanner that can go analog or digital and I would recommnend the HomePatrol from Uniden. Yes, I know they are expensive, but I have had one for a little over a year now, and it is well worth the money. As long as it is updated once a week from the Sentinel software, the scanner will update with any new freqs, as well with any changes from analog to digital. You have heard the phrase "You get what you pay for", and in this case, it is true. To anyone considering a new scanner, I would say get this one.

I hold no interest or stock in Uniden, however I have been immensely satisfied with their equipment and service.

73 de KCØJPO/AFA8JP
GMRS Licensee WQOW801
PopComm Monitoring Station KPC0JPO
John Murphy
"When all else fails...Amateur Radio"
Am. Leg. Post 253, White Shield, ND
AFMARS Nothwest Area, Region 8
Mountrail County (ND) ARES/RACES
Owner, Oil Country Radio’s
701-421-1134
New Town, ND 58763
Business Email: ocr58763@mail.com